Still in the planning phase

93blklightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok , here's my problem. When everything else is finished , I'm going to mount my turbo, intercooler , tubing , and pressure box. I have no way to haul my truck to the exhaust shop. So here's my question, if I hook up the oil lines to my turbo and drive the truck down to the exhaust shop without the up pipes installed, will it blow my seals in the turbo because the turbo is not spinning ? Or should I wait to hook up the oil lines until I get there and pull it in the bay?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
Hmm. would it be too difficult to put the stock air cleaner back on, drive it there and quickly bolt the turbo on then hook up all those goodies, and then get exhaust?

Looked into a mobile mechanic that may be able to put exhaust on? or just flat bed it there?

93blklightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd rather flat bed it, the mobile mechanics around here act like their going to retire on every job. What I was thinking was hooking everything up, and just leaving the oil line off . It would still be drawing air through the turbo and filter , but wouldn't have the up pipes . Don't know if that would hurt it or not

93blklightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say your probably right , a $75.00 rent fee for a trailer would be a lot cheaper then a new turbo

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online