Steering column wiring

6xCrew

Newb
Reaction score
OK so here is the situation. I got this truck. It has issues. The biggest issue right now was its PO. WOW. So seems that something happened in the steering column. Not sure what anymore but the end result was this.

="http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/vi...=5091011713367223809&iid=5091012014014934658"

There is no wiring any more on the column. Then I read this tid-bit of info...

"dont forget that the brakes run throught the turn signal switch, thats what failed for me on my old truck. the brake lights would actaully work if i held up on the switch but if i let off the turn signal switch the brakes would not work."

Well interesting enough my break lights do not work and that is the issue I am trying to fix. I do not have anything on the column though so no way to hold the switch or nuthin.

Can someone conferm for me if this is my issue?

Hope this is not too random. OH and I guess while I am at it I should ask if an 88 2wd column will fit an 86 4wd truck...

Thanks for any help you can give,

Calvin

Last edited:
Reaction score
HERE
Is the link to the picture you wanted to show. Well you actually were sending them to the one before it, but this one shows the rats nest better.

To be more specific, the column he wants to put in, is an '88 4x2 tilt 5 spd truck

Were wanting to know how/if that will hook up into an '8 4x4 lilt automatic.

Obviously the column wont be able to select the gear, and we are thinking about a cable operated floor mount shifter.

This is all just a temporary fix to get the truck umm, more drivable than it is to help someone move. You know this truck is just an eventual engine doner. But if all goes well and is compatible, we may put the column in my truck later on.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are wiring diagrams in the Moosestang album that may help.

6xCrew

Newb
Reaction score
Maybe another way to do it too. Anyone know if a 70's column will fit? I have a couple of those around.

Thanks for the diagram stuff. I will have a look at it now.

calvin

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online