steering box

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want to get a REAL nice steering box, spend a few extra bucks and get a Redhead Smoothest , tightest ford pickup steering, ever! :hail;Sweet Those guys really know how to fix the factory flubs on these steering boxes. The difference between a Redhead and a standard stock rebuild is like night and day. You will not recognize your truck.

I have also heard great things about RedHead steering gears.

Just wondering, what's the best place/cost to buy one and what are they going for?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I have also heard great things about RedHead steering gears.

Just wondering, what's the best place/cost to buy one and what are they going for?

THey only sell direct from their shop here I can't remember the price, I think I remember something about $280 some odd bucks, there was a roughly $80 core charge , I can't remember if it was in that or over it, but whatever it was, it was well worth every penney. The build quality was second to none. There is zero slop in that box and it turns so smoothly, It doesn't even feel like a truck anymore, and I had already replaced all of teh joints in the steering system, so it was the last remaining weak link, and what a difference it made.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Another +1 for the REDHEAD unit;Sweet

They are far more than rebuilt units. They fixed all of the **** poor design flaws FORD used for 20 years

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online