Starting

Ross01

Reaction score
I have a question. I know that my glow plug controller does not work. Should my truck start in warm weather without the glow plugs? It's been in the 90's all week and it won't start without a little ether. Seems like it should start when warm. My PSD will start in cool weather without glowplugs.

sassyrel

Reaction score
I have a question. I know that my glow plug controller does not work. Should my truck start in warm weather without the glow plugs? It's been in the 90's all week and it won't start without a little ether. Seems like it should start when warm. My PSD will start in cool weather without glowplugs.

sounds like at least one gp bad........and it only takes one...............

Ross01

Reaction score
I know the glow plug controller is bad, so none of the 8 are working. I just figured it should start without any glowplugs in 90 degree weather.

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
Not necessarily... GP's get the internal temps upwards of 900 degrees... so 90 isn't going to do much for you. I've never been able to start any of my diesel trucks without GP's, no matter what time of year it is.

onus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its been quite warm here, i always run the glow plugs. Even in the morning after a couple days of sitting at 80 degrees they will run for 5-6 seconds, and it needs em.