startin to get that vibe from the mrs....

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
the woman and i were talking and the topic of the truck came up. well, so did the topic of selling it. basically we made a list of pros and cons of the truck in general....and personally i know the truck has only 1 con....thats fuel. financially speaking......the woman wants me to get rid of her... i dont know if i can bring myself to do it. its going to be a hard decision to make.
:(

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
how much if any do you owe on it? what would you get to replace it? what do you use it for? i just went from one fuel hog to an older cheaper fuel hog but for me there's no way around a full size truck.

it's false economy to sell something that's paid for to buy a more expensive vehicle to save fuel. if i had all the money i spent on buying vehicles trying to save money on fuel i would be out of debt.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
also, your truck is perfect for alternative fuel use. another reason i went back to an IDI.

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
ok first
This "her" you speak of. Is that the woman or the truck?:confused:

the woman wants the truck gone

i dont owe a cent on the truck, in fact it's made me more than double what i paid for it from scrapping. i would be selling the truck and my trailer (car hauler) at the same time...get rid of a loan and have some cash in my pocket for a different truck...probably a ranger. 2.5 5 speed. i had one once and it burned 2nd and chirped 3rd.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
if you use the truck to make money there's no way you will make the same money with a ranger. if you just use it to move your butt around then yeah the 4 banger rangers get good mpg.

the big truck is just aanother cost of doing business.

Cheaper Jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just got a little four banger ranger to go to and from work and save the big truck for the weekends
THAT sounds like the better plan to me...

Buy a beater Ranger or S10 or whatever as a DD. Preferably something that is mechanically sound but just looks like crap, and pay cash for it (no new debt). With the money you save on fuel driving the Ranger, and the money you can make hauling scrap with the big truck pay down the other loan ASAP.

Win-Win all around...

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
My wife is saying the same thing, this is usually when I tune her out...LOL....What in the hell can you do with a Ranger besides haul groceries? - It's my truck, I pay for the fuel and other than that the old girl hardly costs me a cent....Now a wife - there's a real expensive money pit....:eek: :rotflmao

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
How firm is she on this? Will there be a few nights sleeping on the couch if you refuse to sell it?

rubberfish

Reaction score
the woman and i were talking and the topic of the truck came up. well, so did the topic of selling it. basically we made a list of pros and cons of the truck in general....and personally i know the truck has only 1 con....thats fuel. financially speaking......the woman wants me to get rid of her... i dont know if i can bring myself to do it. its going to be a hard decision to make.
:(
Put your foot down now man. :backoff
You don't want to have to ask her permission to
get another one in a few years do ya? Dude, you're
only twenty two. Don't leave her to control your life. :eek:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online