Starters???

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are assembled in usa, not made. And its not 4kw
the 2 bolt is the same as a 6bt industrial, dont know about dodge.

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
Ya dodge uses 3 bolt but ive changed back hoe starters that look identical

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Pull-n-TugTx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update:

Took the starter in to a local Alt and Starter shop. Bench tested the starter everything was working good!!!!

Had him make me up a new 0awg wire to run from battery to starter with connections and 4 8awg wires off it to run the acc. Not sure about the pricing, but I thought it was a Hell-o-Deal for 60" and $32.

Put the starter back on ran new 0 wire and new wire from Ignition to solenoid. Clean up a couple other connectors and WHAM-O she cranked right up NO slow crank at all.

On side note: I know why the PO didn't put in the top 3rd bolt in. That thing is a PAIN in the ASS!-cuss

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
Update:

Took the starter in to a local Alt and Starter shop. Bench tested the starter everything was working good!!!!

Had him make me up a new 0awg wire to run from battery to starter with connections and 4 8awg wires off it to run the acc. Not sure about the pricing, but I thought it was a Hell-o-Deal for 60" and $32.

Put the starter back on ran new 0 wire and new wire from Ignition to solenoid. Clean up a couple other connectors and WHAM-O she cranked right up NO slow crank at all.

On side note: I know why the PO didn't put in the top 3rd bolt in. That thing is a PAIN in the ASS!-cuss

Great news!

Btw The third bolt is really easy... if you use a 1/4inch ratchet, ext and magnetic socket or likewise device for holding the bolt its easy!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The starter top bolts suck no matter what you use to reach it. some use a 36 inch extension and socket. the reach in in front of the engine cross member. I use a 3/8 drive wratchet and extension with socket. All of its taped together. then the bolt is lightly taped to the socket so it wont fall off. Set up is just longer than the starter is. Bottom bolts holds the starter so the top bolt can be installed or removed. My thinking is not using the top bolt on this is reducing the holding power by 33%. I'm not going to do that with as much torque as we have here but others are free to do it. Just think it unsafe for the flywheel flange adapter plate. Seen some snap off from starter kick back. Really don't know if thats the reason but not looking to prove that either..

86SCLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My starter just quit on me a few days ago, i removed it today in the bitterly cold canadian weather i couldnt get the top bolt so i removed the inner fender witch allowed me to get at the top bolt and leave my gloves on haha. Getting it rebuilt tomorrow hopefully

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update:

Thats a good price for cable, which shop in fort worth? I used one when at dfw but dont remember the name.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When my starter went out right after Thanksgiving, I went to the local O'Reilly's since it was the only thing open. I had called ahead of time for a starter and they said they would have one sitting out for me. Not taking my old one with, I got there and found out that they had sourced for me that Starter for the 94 IDI. I took it to my truck, happy it was gear reduction and managed to pull the fuel soaked starter out of the truck. Lo and behold, there was one like it in there already!! I knew the guy I bought the truck from put a lot of good parts in it, and now I knew it was to a great extent.

But replacing the starter, and that thing just got me up and running no problem

Pull-n-TugTx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a good price for cable, which shop in fort worth? I used one when at dfw but dont remember the name.

I recently moved out to Weatherford, so I found a Jodie's Alternator and Starter up in Miner Wells. There is a place just of downtown Fort Worth Gen& Starter. They have both been around for 40+ yrs.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Instead of bringing in my old starter as a core, for $24 I have something I can bring in to a shop in the Appleton, WI area called Fondy's Electric. They do all the rebuilding for the farm and my personal vehicles. When they rebuilt the 24v starter for my M1009, they did an INCREDIBLE job.

It's nice to have a better than new one as a backup.