stall and no start

Josh Oldenburg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally getting my super duty idi finished and chase down all the gremlin, and they strike again. I just had it running verifying no leaks and letting the alternator charge the batteries when she developed a miss and within a minute stalled. Every attempt has failed to get her to fire again and stay running. I have an electric pump inline behind the mechanical for priming, i thought maybe i had air so i turned her on. No air in system and the return side has new o rings and caps. New BB injectors and a rebuilt 90cc pump from wes at CDD. She popped off and stumbled once after i turned on the electric pump but stalled again right away and killed the batteries shortly after. Even had the charger on 200amp start assist to help. spun fast enough, have fuel, and juice at the fss. Im at a loss right now. Even ether just makes it want to ether lock.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pull the return line off and make sure it’s not clogged and pressurizing, also make sure you didn’t burn a fuse. With the key on you should here a click as you connect the front connector on the pump

Josh Oldenburg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wes with the electric pump running I can see fuel running into the return line. I'm using clear line there. I also have 12 volts to the fss. I will listen for the click. How much resistance can be in the return line? I do see fuel pooling up at the steel line in my frame. I thinks it's normal and just filling up until it hits the same height as the top of my tank. But have not ever checked resistance

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Josh Oldenburg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck fired up again this morning after some cranking and I let it run again. Got some video of it running smooth and then got some video of it spitting sputtering installing. It is pushing bubbles out the return line. Pulled the nipple off of my fuel filter head and pressurized air came out. I then turned on the electric lift pump again and it started pushing the air out of the system and pushing fuel back through. Where would I be sucking air from I've double checked everything and used Vaseline on barbs before I clamped them with hose clamps

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Maybe from before the lift pump? You can't purge the air from the system if your electric pump is sucking air.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online