STACKS?!!!?

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
You get the stacks from any place that sells stacks for semi's (yep same ones just graphed onto a pickup). Most are installed inside the bed (requires cutting two holes in bed or one then splitting them above the bed floor).

Now for turning up the fuel screw... stay tuned because I'm supposed to writing a "how to article" on that and have just been dragging my feet so I guess this weekend is as good as any to sit down and write it up.

But the basic tasks are as follows...

1. Remove the electrical connections on top of the pump (this way the fuel shut off solenoid won't/can't engage at all) - this is for safety.

2. look on passengers side of injection pump for tri-angle shaped cover.

Remove one screw completely and loosen the other on so that you hinge the cover out of the way. - take care not to tear the rubber gasket as you will be reusing it.

3. With a dental mirror and flashlight look inside the access hole for an allen headed set screw - if you don't see the set screw then bar the engine over until you see the set screw.

4. take an 5/32nd allen wrench and twist away. The set screw is "loaded" which means it's got a spring pushing pressure against it so it will be hard to turn.

5. close everything back up and then fire her off - she will stumble, spitter, sputter and basically complain because all the fuel has drained out from the pump so you will need to reprime the pump.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
argve said:
You get the stacks from any place that sells stacks for semi's (yep same ones just graphed onto a pickup). Most are installed inside the bed (requires cutting two holes in bed or one then splitting them above the bed floor).

Now for turning up the fuel screw... stay tuned because I'm supposed to writing a "how to article" on that and have just been dragging my feet so I guess this weekend is as good as any to sit down and write it up.

But the basic tasks are as follows...

1. Remove the electrical connections on top of the pump (this way the fuel shut off solenoid won't/can't engage at all) - this is for safety.

2. look on passengers side of injection pump for tri-angle shaped cover.

Remove one screw completely and loosen the other on so that you hinge the cover out of the way. - take care not to tear the rubber gasket as you will be reusing it.

3. With a dental mirror and flashlight look inside the access hole for an allen headed set screw - if you don't see the set screw then bar the engine over until you see the set screw.

4. take an 5/32nd allen wrench and twist away. The set screw is "loaded" which means it's got a spring pushing pressure against it so it will be hard to turn.

5. close everything back up and then fire her off - she will stumble, spitter, sputter and basically complain because all the fuel has drained out from the pump so you will need to reprime the pump.

What?You forgot the most important thing!Should be step #1!Install a Pyrometer and if turboed a boost gauge.If you monkey with the fuel screw your Exhaust temps are gonna sky rocket!Too much and you will coat the vehicle behind you in shoot and silver molten aluminum from the melting pistons.And if your turboed,the extra fuel will mean extra exhaust gasses and more boost!Even on a wastegated turbo.You can make so much exhaust it will actually counteract the wastegate!