stacks or regular 4in exhaust?

Alex G 7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so not sure what to do with my exhuast ill tell you what my set up is and let me know what you think is best. 7.3l idi with a banks sidewinder turbo kit, gonna go with the bull moose pump or the junior moose pump with the moose mister mark 2 injectors and the stage one cam from R&D idi performance and a dual cold air intake. and a few other little things. with this set up what kind of exhaust would you recommend the dual stacks or 4in single exhaust. which would have a better spool sound and which would be louder. looking forward to your opinions

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I can attest to how dual 4" miters sound like on a 7.3 with the wastegated banks on a crew cab truck...
Pure awesomeness.

Especially decelerating over 3k rpm.
Mmm mmm.

Oh that was the 3" downpipe to whatever the stack kit had, 4" I think. We had to adapt it.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

Alex G 7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i have no problems doing a few modifications as long as they're worth it

Last edited:

C.J.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can attest to how dual 4" miters sound like on a 7.3 with the wastegated banks on a crew cab truck...
Pure awesomeness.

Especially decelerating over 3k rpm.
Mmm mmm.

Gay or not, I gotta admit that every time I downshift in a tunnel, I sport a chub listening to the sound coming out of my stack. And it puts a grin on my face fogging out a Prius. However, those 2 things pale to the dirty looks I get rolling through hippie town in a 'dirty stinky polluting dinosaur burner'.

Think it over very carefully. You'll love stacks at first but 5 bucks says you'll reconsider after the novelty wears off.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I will say in a regular cab, things get loud.
I took the stack kit from the aforementioned truck and put them on my 94 PSD, with all windows closed, it's actually fairly quite. I can even here air being sucked through the air filter. But once a window is opened and accelerating, it's loud.
I've been told I can be heard from a few miles. Especially the turbo in one instance.

I don't follow the whole lost bed space thing. But you do have to keep stuff away from them to keep from melting stuff. Eventually I'm going to build a cover for mine.

Watch some YouTube videos.
When it's all said and done, it's your truck. Do what you want/like.

Alex G 7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, and yea just trying to see what other people think i'm fine if people are mad cause my truck rolls a little coal and you all say it has a better sound with stacks which is was i'm looking for. Also noise wise i'm not to worried due to the face before all this my truck could be heard from a mile away anything over 1000rpm

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online