Squirrel mobile is Down

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My title is a bit misleading. :D Put the IDI out of service today to pull the lwb and get it ready for the flatbed.:thumbsup:

Any thing i should check out or address while the bed is off. Gonna harpoon the tanks for sure.

Once the flatbed is on I'll get measurements to add saddle tanks like a rig and then i wouldn't have a need for harpooned tanks.

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lots of pics are in order. i'd love to say i was putting a new fancy flatbed on but my budget only allowed for a used bed.

funny sight me driving the squirrel mobile home from work last night. i took the bumper off and bed bolts out a work yesterday and wrapped a couple of ratchet straps around the bed to the frame to hold the bed on until i could get the truck home.

hope to get some pics and work done this weekend.

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's right OMB its a dually. I don't understand the srw f350 thing. You buy a one ton for towing a payload capacities and if you go srw then you are dropping both of those to not much above a 3/4 ton :dunno

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
ACtually right now I wish mine was a SRW-a bed would be easier to find & I would be able to get 2 less tires. What condition is your bed & fenders in?

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fenders are good bed is trash. I priced the fenders to one guy for $100 I'll remove em so there is little to no damage.

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One Squirrel Mobile minus the bed. :D

You must be registered for see images attach

Bed came off with little effort and i was able to save the fenders. ;Sweet

Only carnage was the fuel filler hose to the rear tank. :eek:

Here's the bed thats going on.

You must be registered for see images attach

please pardon all my junk thrown in the barn. If you look at the front of the bed you'll see where there was twin stacks on the truck it came off of, I don't know if I'm going to use those stacks or install only one stack.

Last edited:

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thinking about a little paint on the truck too. got some deep red and thinking about a 8-10 inch stripe around the bottom of the truck