soft clutch pedal?

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Ok my clutch is real easy to push down, and doesnt release as quick as my buddys in his 86 idi, so whats wrong with mine or his? i kinda like his better cause its more firm and realeses much faster

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clutch size and type make a difference. Also as the clutch components wear, they get harder to push and change the engagement point. Also the slide area for the throwout bearing being dry will make it harder to push.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Clutch size and type make a difference. Also as the clutch components wear, they get harder to push and change the engagement point. Also the slide area for the throwout bearing being dry will make it harder to push.

mine feels way too light, my 89 doesnt feel easy at all to push, and my buddys 86 is a little easier than the 89 but still mine is way too easy and doesnt realese as quick as the others

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The '89 has a ZF, and that in itself is going to have a different feeling than your T19 because everything but the slave and master is different. The forks could have more than leverage than the other, the throwout bearings are different and the flywheels are different also. I would bet money they are the same size clutch discs. They are both F-250's.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
The '89 has a ZF, and that in itself is going to have a different feeling than your T19 because everything but the slave and master is different. The forks could have more than leverage than the other, the throwout bearings are different and the flywheels are different also. I would bet money they are the same size clutch discs. They are both F-250's.

ok i can understand that, but sill dont change the fact my buddys 86 with the t-19 and the clutch pedal is stiffer and returns better

kas83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should try to bleed the slave and go from there. Sounds like it's spongy from air in the system. It's the absolute easiest and free thing to do to start with.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
u wore it out from spinning it at 4400rpm maby thats the week link:rotflmao

just wait till i get my injectors back and get the motor running again im willing totach it past 5000 and pop wheelies:rolleyes::rotflmao im having withdraws:rotflmao i havent got to drive it in forever lol, i have got to drive my buddys but it only tachs 3300 thats just not high enough for me

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
He wouldn't notice a few runs would he? LOL

Its set to stock 3300, he dont care one bit to run against the governor but he dont want his to tach high like mine, but me and him side step 1st-2nd in his truck all the time at 3300 rpm:D it sounds wicked threw dual 2.5inch straight pipes to the rear of the cab:D:sly

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the clutch disengages and engages properly, don't touch it! A soft pedal is a real blessing. The hard ones are usually the ones that haven't been maintained properly. Last weekend, Matthias drove the Lady Moose a short distance, and he commented to me that his pedal was much harder then in the Night Moose. I then realized it had been quite some time since I serviced the Lady Moose's clutch. Looks like it's time then. As for the pedal not returning well, it does sound like maybe something is out of adjustment.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the clutch disengages and engages properly, don't touch it! A soft pedal is a real blessing. The hard ones are usually the ones that haven't been maintained properly. Last weekend, Matthias drove the Lady Moose a short distance, and he commented to me that his pedal was much harder then in the Night Moose. I then realized it had been quite some time since I serviced the Lady Moose's clutch. Looks like it's time then. As for the pedal not returning well, it does sound like maybe something is out of adjustment.

I agree with Mel. If it isn't slipping or not engauging normally, leave it be. The difference in your clutch and your buddy's is likely a difference the springs on the pressure plate (differnt brand, type, pressure, wear), a worn TOB or hydraulics. No big deal.

Heath

Last edited: