So, Who makes the BEST recovery strap?

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
My Daughter is having a bit of a hard time with her first winter driving. I've had to yank her outta the snow bank 3 times already. I think she's being a little to aggressive? (ya think?) :dunno

I put her into a Subaru Outback Wagon with Blizzaks, thinking it'd be about the best car for her this winter. Seems to not be working out to well for her. I hadda pull her out last night, again. At least this time I didn't have to fight with the unibody tie downs being to small to pass a chain thru. After the second time, I put a couple of clevis's on the tie downs, instead of having to pull the hook off the chain, in a snow bank.

I'm thinking I should have a decent recovery strap. I'm prolly going to use it quite a bit. As I have a 13 YO boy, too.

I've seen the cheap ones stretch....BOOM! Broken in half! Not wanting that brand!

inyoyote

Reaction score
Bubba ropes are pretty damn tough. I have one that somebody gave me as a gift after I pulled them out when they were on vacation. I broke my ratchet strap (all I had) trying to pull them out and had to go get a chain. After I refused cash they tracked me down and sent me a bubba. I really like it, It's 30' long and about 1" thick. Really nice braided loops on each end. If you plan to use it, I would definitely recommend it.

hotshotidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do not use any straps with hooks. Look on ebay for a retired sling strap from a shipping container slings or if you want the best bubba rope conetic energy .

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fwiw
Ya could try over at pirate4x4
Check the sub forums out well with the search button before ya ask a ?
The vendor sec, and the feedback can well be helpful if/when the posters are NOT
As we tend to use this stuff more than average folks do your answer may be there
Never heard any neg. feedback on bubba rope cept maybe price( price dont matter when you are counting on it)
Cb

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Rob; I didn't know they had snow and ice in Duluth, just warm harbor water with a little ice on it. Those nylon braided 1" ropes are really strong. HF has them if you got a store in the frozen North. :D

Girls, aggressive driving, No way. They just think that peddle belongs on the floor.

Last edited:

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Thanks Guys.

Yeah OB, we got hammered the first week of Dec with 3' of snow. Temps in the -20 range followed. So the roads are a real mess. Prolly not the easiest winter for a new driver to be learning on.
I've got to go get the little lady a X-Mas gift. Maybe the local 4X4 shop will have a Bubba Rope?

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
Look on 4wheelparts or 4wd

Any of those flat recovery straps should pull you out no problem, We have used those to pull out some STUCK jeeps no problem.

I always use D-Rings on both ends, its so much easier and safer than chain too

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would start be taking away the 4x4 and snow tires. A little edumacation with lower traction would probably go a long way (and less pulling for you!)

m885

Reaction score
Military surplus cotton is what I have been using for the last 25 years. Light weight and about as much give as anyone could ask for (think rubber band that won't snap).

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I carry the one from HF, not for pulling someone else out, just in case I get stuck. Good insurance. Haven't used it in 5 years. LOL

hce

So can i....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I second take a way the 4 wheel drive and snow tires. 4 wheel drive gives the untrained a false sense of security. If you can't accelerate you will already be worried about turning and stopping before you need to.

Bashby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a pretty decent one from tractor supply. They had several to choose from with different weight ratings, I got the next to biggest one.

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The best product and customer service, in my opinion, can be had from Master-Pull. I run their winch lines on my rock crawler, and they are awesome. Customer service is top-notch, and they are great ambassadors to the off road community. Check out a good recovery strap for your application here: http://www.masterpull.com/light-weight-4x4-suv/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726