So what is this stuff worth?

troupp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I finally decided to go through with it. I guess now I just need to unload all the parts I dont need. So I have a 91 7.3l with Appr. 70k on it, a spare reman pump that was run 4k, an incomplete hypermax turbo kit needing just the up pipes and some small fittings which should probably should have the turbo rebuilt and a complete 92 dodge 350 4x4 auto dually missing its engine. Trans has no reverse. So what would be good real world prices on this stuff and are there any takers?

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My cousin just paid 600 bucks for a 79 power wagon 400 4x4 with the kingpin dana 60.
If that dodge has a 60 in it then it should be worth at least 1k by itself.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what color and condition is the interior on the Dodge? "Sortie" is almost ready to give his left nut for a complete interior if it is in good shape and isn't red.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your Hypermax kit ought to be worth something. I don't know if Hypermax sells the up pipes by themselves. I know they bent over backwards to help Mel get his old Hypermax kit for Lady Moose working. I've forgotten some of what the problem was and a lot of what they did to help him out. If it;s complete less the up pipes and not too much of a basketcase, $500 at least, you say it should be rebuilt, does it have obvious issues or just unknown age/wear/abuse etc?

troupp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hypermax still sells the uppipes, i priced everything to rebuild the turbo and get all missing pieces for less than 500. I believe it is a pulse system? and all parts are available. The turbo is unknown age/use/time.. has minor bearing play.

Will look at the interior this weekend, and let you know what kind of shape its in.. pretty sure it was blue? haven't really looked at the truck in a while.

troupp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, I looked at the truck a little better today.. it has red interior and its far from perfect.. usable at best.. passenger seat is near mint with minor sunfading.. has the pass. side pumpkin dana 60? with what appears to me to be kingpins.. never really seen a 4wd axle with king pins, but I know ive never seen balljoints that look like this thing.

troupp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So nobody really gave me any input as to what kind of prices to tag to each item. Gotta start listing some of this stuf to offset major surgery to the truck!!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The turbo is worth maybe $400 max. That's what I paid for a good one, and by the time I was done buying the missing stuff from Hypermax, I was about $200 shy the cost of a new one. Figure about $200 for EACH pipe you need to buy from Hypermax.