So what did you do with your truck today?

DirtRoads

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
- Got my 4" exhaust done from downpipe back. Straight pipe. And wow, what an upgrade! Had 3" straight before, and could only get about 8.5 psi from my 088 before my EGTs were in the danger zone. Now I can get 12 psi while only maxing out at 1100°. Both results from driving up the same long, fairly steep grade, pedal to the floor, unloaded. Ambient air temps around 60°. Time for studs! Also isn't much louder than the 3", just throatier.

I'm surprised that it makes that much of a difference since you maintained the 3" DP. Wish I had known before I built my 3" straight pipe like a month ago LOL

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
New steering column and fuel filter yesterday that fixed my serging problem so now to change return lines to stop the leak lol

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

joel1847

Reaction score
Fixed my melted electrical wires for the FSS and cold start solenoids, fixed a fuel leak and put some more Permatex on the fuel heater plug because it looked like it might have been leaking.

Koch13351

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised that it makes that much of a difference since you maintained the 3" DP. Wish I had known before I built my 3" straight pipe like a month ago LOL

Well it's only going through about 2' of 3" pipe, rather than 10'. I was surprised as well. I only expected a quicker spool and lower EGTs.

joel1847

Reaction score
Fixed my melted electrical wires for the FSS and cold start solenoids, fixed a fuel leak and put some more Permatex on the fuel heater plug because it looked like it might have been leaking.

And for anyone else with an 88 f250 with a 7.3 idi n/a here is an electrical diagram that I found that actually matched our truck. All the other diagrams didn't match, they showed the FSS as only having one wire.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

PaulRicciardi

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Well my wife's car broke down about an hour away from home so went and got her on the car trailer. Can't complain too bad, she's had it 7 years and 130k miles with no problems. I'll fix it tomorrow.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Put new return lines on today now one is leakin again should it deal up after I run it a bit or what I gotta go to prim to log tommorrow which is an hour and a half or so away and don't wanna leak a bunch of fuel

joel1847

Reaction score
Should I try twistin the cap cause it's new o rings and caps

I would. I had a couple that looked like they were on, but didn't quite snap into place. I would also make sure your clamps are tight. I just got done fixing one that wasn't tight enough and I was able to pull the return line off with my hands. And if one can do, I'm sure another one can, so I'm going to find fuel injection clamps that will go down that small. I've already had to mess around with these brand new caps too many times. I want it done once and for all. Course, I'm fairly new to diesels so maybe this is just part of the learning curve.

Joel
norcal

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Should I try twistin the cap cause it's new o rings and caps

I would. I had a couple that looked like they were on, but didn't quite snap into place. I would also make sure your clamps are tight. I just got done fixing one that wasn't tight enough and I was able to pull the return line off with my hands. And if one can do, I'm sure another one can, so I'm going to find fuel injection clamps that will go down that small. I've already had to mess around with these brand new caps too many times. I want it done once and for all. Course, I'm fairly new to diesels so maybe this is just part of the learning curve.

Joel
norcal

I'll try twistin um and see if that works

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
Bolted up my new rear bumper before my hands frosted over. Got a spool of clear tygon in today, hopefully will be replacing the entire return system with it next week when the temps are in the double digits.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bolted up my new rear bumper before my hands frosted over. Got a spool of clear tygon in today, hopefully will be replacing the entire return system with it next week when the temps are in the double digits.

Keep a close eye on the tygon. It seems to get hard over time with diesel unless you got the Teflon lined stuff.

1995voyagerES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finished the rebuild that I started yesterday on my GV overdrive.
Glenn from maximum--overdrive hooked me up with parts - I finally found one who's selling stuff for these things ;Sweet
I just have to install it on the truck now and hope that reverse works again :rolleyes:

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll try twistin um and see if that works

Another trick to keep them tight that Russ has suggested, is in his kits he sends some "cheap" O-Rings, you put these on the caps, above the cap where the injector threads are. When you screw the hard line nut down, it puts just a bit of pressure on the cap.........