So what did you do with your truck today?

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I didn't blow the rear end out yet so im happy about that one lol.now to find my damn air intrusion.no injector lines leaking no fuel leaks anywere.i gotta figure it out soon cause when you first start drivin it it'll buck and everything else it's bad.when it's warm out side it don't do it so idk what's up with it

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Is your GP system working good? I had some kind of funky electrical stuff going on and the after-glow wasn't happening. Truck would start but ran reallyyy rough until it got up to temp. Fixed some questionable wiring and its been working great since.. Smooth easy starts.

Put a pair of Bilstein 4600s on my front end and boy do they make a difference! The ride feels more firm and planted, but smoother at the same time. The old shocks compressed more easily and did not extend nearly as fast as the Bils. One just stuck at full compression. Very satisfied with the upgrade!

PaulRicciardi

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Got some tunes. Was in the scrap pile at work, not sure why because it works. First vehicle I've owned with a radio in a few years, probably won't use it unless my wife is riding.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Is your GP system working good? I had some kind of funky electrical stuff going on and the after-glow wasn't happening. Truck would start but ran reallyyy rough until it got up to temp. Fixed some questionable wiring and its been working great since.. Smooth easy starts.

Put a pair of Bilstein 4600s on my front end and boy do they make a difference! The ride feels more firm and planted, but smoother at the same time. The old shocks compressed more easily and did not extend nearly as fast as the Bils. One just stuck at full compression. Very satisfied with the upgrade!
Well it ain't that cause my truck was nice an warm today and I was runnin around 55 and it'd start to pick up speed agian like always then drop back down well tonight I went to a buddys which was about 30 miles away and on the way home I had to drive 70+ cause anything under that the truck would buck and surge and everything else.it was up to temp to it did it the whole way it was bad

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
https://vimeo.com/154396486 there's only one leaky injector line and its barly even damp I've had um pourin fuel and it wasn't ever this bad. I did notice though that like the middle line on the very back of my pump looked really wet earler today im gonna try and tighten it up but idk if it'll work

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Tighten that feed line. Probably the source of your air intrusion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I tryed I couldn't get down to it its at the very bottom imma try it agian tommorrow but idk how to get to it

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
May have to remove the lines above it. Lol
Do you have any crows foot wrenches for a ratchet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

PaulRicciardi

Reaction score

Replaced my old sagging front springs. The front end picked up 1.5" on both sides after the swap, feels like it rides better now.

maverick350

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got half the u-joints pressed out of my dana 50. I can't really think of anything good to say about the ttb at this point. If I didn't think this is going to be the last time I do this, I'd cut a hole and make an access plate for the clip in the front diff. dropping that to change a u-joint is ridiculous.

mjs2011

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Replaced my old sagging front springs. The front end picked up 1.5" on both sides after the swap, feels like it rides better now.
How hard of a job was that and how much did the springs run you? I need to do the same, my front end is sagging pretty bad particularly on the drivers side.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

PaulRicciardi

Reaction score
80$ for the pair of springs. It was an easy job, only took an hour working at a leisurely pace. Keep in mind I'm a Ford mechanic and did this at work after hours. It may take longer in the backyard.

Koch13351

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well this wasn't all done today, but within the past week or so:
- Installed some mechanical gauges in a custom dash pod I fabbed up from metal. Oil PSI, Temp, Volts. Factory Oil gauge was finicky, but I'm happy to see that I have 20 psi on fully warmed up idle. Won't go past 42 psi so I'm assuming my bypass is working as it should? Temp sits at about 200° driving around town, 205°-210° while driving up the mountain I live on. Curious to see how well the Champion 3-row radiator works when summer time comes around and I'm making that drive when it's 100° out and the A/C is blasting.
- Got my 4" exhaust done from downpipe back. Straight pipe. And wow, what an upgrade! Had 3" straight before, and could only get about 8.5 psi from my 088 before my EGTs were in the danger zone. Now I can get 12 psi while only maxing out at 1100°. Both results from driving up the same long, fairly steep grade, pedal to the floor, unloaded. Ambient air temps around 60°. Time for studs! Also isn't much louder than the 3", just throatier.

Well that's all for now. Off I go to change the oil and install the Energy Suspension sway bar bushings on the front. Have a great day everyone!