So what did you do with your truck today?

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Are you breaking the engine up? If so I would take glow plug wires, if the connectors are good, and injector lines. Don't need them just would like spares

Most likely. It's pretty beat. Gonna see if it's seized and pull the pan and if it looks as I suspect I'll part it out and scrap whatever nobody wants. Injector lines and clamps are good, glow plug harness wiring is fine but connector insulation is falling apart and should be replaced. I was really just after solid trans front and rear case on this deal. May take a few pieces off the 7.3 but don't see a reason to hang onto it as it's not a freshen up and swap the whole thing in place of my 6.9 type of deal.

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
Most likely. It's pretty beat. Gonna see if it's seized and pull the pan and if it looks as I suspect I'll part it out and scrap whatever nobody wants. Injector lines and clamps are good, glow plug harness wiring is fine but connector insulation is falling apart and should be replaced. I was really just after solid trans front and rear case on this deal. May take a few pieces off the 7.3 but don't see a reason to hang onto it as it's not a freshen up and swap the whole thing in place of my 6.9 type of deal.
Okay let me know. Were are you at in Jersey?

square1

Reaction score
Yesterday I put a Ford Blue Oval & IH window decal on it to make it more powerful, haul more, and go faster. Today I used it to jump start my lawn mower, big mistake, with all that extra power from the decals my mower spun up so fast it flew off like a helicopter -cuss

mcghan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
change fluid in axels,tranny,transfer case,gv overdrive,was way overdue and low on everything,i just stated driving the truck and gv works a lot better:D,the more i drive the truck the better it gets:sly

Tuffbuddy221

Reaction score
Put the new fuel sending unit in rear tank. I can now drive past several gas stations without having to stop. Ha ha, just kidding, but at least won't have to top off side tank every 100 miles or so. Been busy with Black Betty this year. This spring rebuilt injector pump and all new injectors and glow plugs. In the process of painting Betty and hoping next couple months getting new tires and brakes. Gonna be long and exciting summer.

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
Took her across the bay, didn't realize one of the tunnels was closed for maintenance. This caused an unplanned shakedown of new cooling and A/C parts, which I am pleased to report kept the cab comfy and the engine at normal temps while sitting on the I-10 bridge for an hour in traffic each way.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I used it to jump start my lawn mower, big mistake, with all that extra power from the decals my mower spun up so fast it flew off like a helicopter -cuss
Well if it flew off without a pilot, it's not a helicopter, it's a drone.

Me, I broke mine. New clutch fork came in today (PO had welded the old one, and it looked... iffy). Trying to put the slave back on, I blew something in it, and it's puking out fluid and of course the pedal drops to the floor. I'm going to try to fab in a Sachs pre-bled kit for an OBS. To make me feel better, I stuck the "F250" badges on that a fellow forum-er sent me.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Burnt a tank of fuel to get this yesterday
You must be registered for see images attach

And installed it today!

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed new rear shocks on the sclb, one was absolutely kaput. I could pull it in/out with zero effort

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Didn't do nothin but look for another project
You must be registered for see images
I didn't know head work could gain that much power

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reinstalled fuel tanks and Holley "Red" fuel pump.

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
i started it today just to listen to it rattle... yep...it missed me. shes been sitting 5 weeks untouched.... just in and she fired right off!

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I FELL IN LOVE WITH THE FIRST POP OF THE IDI CHERRY

found a deal i couldnt pass up.
perfect donar truck for a hotrod build.
now, ive picked up several engines, transmissions and such with my crewcrewcabshortshortbed.
towed some lumber, really light weight stuff.

this may not seem like a big deal to you, but it is to me.

i must admit, when i tow, i love towing with my 01 SD.
but today, with the IDM taking a **** on it, i decided to take the IDI.
damn computer ********!

anyways.
60 miles round trip, with a SCLB DRW without a bed on the way back.

gonna say what 5500 +?
plus the 2k for the trailer?

she did absolutely AMAZING. i had to get a shorter hitch because the ones i use for my boat are the extended ones.

but she did F'N GREAT!!!!
needahydroboostsetupSTAT!

You must be registered for see images attach

square1

Reaction score
Calculated MPG for the first time since purchasing, 18.6! ~200 miles lightly loaded at 55-65 MPH. That's pretty impressive, I was certainly surprised.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
I didn't do much I've been playin with the fsuperbooty I mean superduty lately tryin to her back to road ready but I did take a 30 mile trip to mtn home and to get some stuff and got fuel at Walmart and I tell ya what I've gotten the best fuel milage I've ever gotten runnin wallyworld fuel.i was at a quarter tank when I filled up and I calculated 15.8 mpg on a maxed out fuel pump.thats pretty dang good.i got like 11.5 the other day when I got fuel there.usally im gettin like 9 or 8 so I'm pretty happy to see over 200 miles to the tank lol.
there's the superduty.i also hooked up a buddys light bar on his turbo Idi the other day

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk