So what did you do with your truck today?

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Looks good. I did mine a while back and used LED bulbs. Came out nice. I'm satisfied with the lighting with warm white 5 SMD LEDs.

You must be registered for see images attach

If I had to do it again I'd use green LED vs warm white. I really like how the green looks on the gauges I restored for my bike. It's a bit deeper/darker green than it appears in the picture.

Regardless, freshly painted gauges brightly lit makes a world of difference. It's bad enough with relatively dim headlights to then be struggling to see the dash.
Where did you get your bulbs?
i agree I would go with green
none the less it looks nice
Thats going to be my next mod.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^ NB about LEDs - if they're going through a colored "filter" or lens, get the SAME color LED as the lens/filter. For example, for brake/tail lights, get RED LEDs, for amber turn signals, get AMBER LEDs, etc. It'll be brighter, better quality light. Here's why - the lens / filter does what it does by transmitting only that portion of the "incoming" light that is the same color as it is. So a white(-ish) tungsten bulb behind a red taillight lens, only the red portion of the light gets through. Actually rather inefficient. Same thing happens with a white LED bulb behind a red lens. But with a red LED behind a red lens, ALL of the light coming from the LED is red, so ALL of the light energy gets through the lens. Of course, this is based on white vs. colored LEDs with the same light output (brightness, lumens, candlepower, what have you) to begin with.

So if I ever go LED on my dash illum, I'll def. go with green, either with or without the little green domes.

More on this at: https://www.superbrightleds.com/cb/car.lens_color.html

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Those things are really cool. How much will one of those do at a time?

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Laserjock....One yard, the price out here is $200 'yd

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So how does that compare to delivery? Do you drive it to a place and have it loaded or load it yourself? I'm intrigued. I can see doing that if the rental isn't terrible and you don't need a full load. Out here it's tough to get anybody to talk to you about less than 3-4 yards.

Matt_INW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put in my 2nd new radiator in a month. But this time it's Brass and Copper instead of Aluminum. Drove it 22 miles last night, and a few miles to work this morning.

Love it so far, AND it's not putting out tons of heat, nor is it leaking, like the aluminum one. Wish it was 4-core and not 3, but can't have everything, unless I want to spend $1,000 @ Ford.

Got from Thermal Solutions via local radiator shop.
http://www.thermalsolutionsmfg.com/automotive-parts-catalog/
http://thermalsolutions.mycarparts.net/products/(TSM)-432194?product_application_id=5740172565

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its a rental, $40 fer 2hrs they say 2 cuz they olny have 3.
They have a batch plant for these.
Same out here -3 yds is a short charge and the like to snivel if its a heavy day.
I had no issues when I called for my last pour ( 90yds) go figgure!

pickupman

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put in new shocks. It turns out the old ones were probably the originals since they said motorcraft on them. Needless to say they were shot a long time ago. :rolleyes:

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up a 1991 Super Duty brake pedal for my future HB conversion.

3Kp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I manage to get the passenger doors in primer. Discovered whole front door is full of bondo. Just have roof and driver side to go. I may pull the bed off and switch beds before Rally time. Also change out brake booster and master cylinder. (now brakes are worse)?? Next week plan on doing axle joints and u joints on rear shaft. I'll do the front before winter.

Don't judge me on the paint job. This is a temp job to prevent rusting. When I get ready for the rebuild it will be done better this is a rush and cover job.

Attachments

• IMG_20150620_164347657.jpg
    IMG_20150620_164347657.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 59

tmills213

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I manage to get the passenger doors in primer. Discovered whole front door is full of bondo. Just have roof and driver side to go. I may pull the bed off and switch beds before Rally time. Also change out brake booster and master cylinder. (now brakes are worse)?? Next week plan on doing axle joints and u joints on rear shaft. I'll do the front before winter.

Don't judge me on the paint job. This is a temp job to prevent rusting. When I get ready for the rebuild it will be done better this is a rush and cover job.

I did the same thing today! started with all palm sander and said screw it and busted out the messy blaster. about 80 percent off in 10 minutes :)

I would love to have a four door like that.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

looks better than my paint job!!! LOL