So what did you do with your truck today?

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chips damn chips. I messed with a guys PSD for 3 hrs with my AE. A no start issue. Finely asked if he had a chip, Yup, pulled it and truck started right up. Damn chips.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
You guessed it, the chip. I'll be calling power hungry tomorrow.
Now to make sure it's ready for the 12 hour trip to el paso.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

3Kp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally have the cab completely in primer. Still need to take the step off the truck since it's the only one on there.

I'm not messing with the bod until after the 4th July weekend

Attachments

• IMG_20150621_191027200.jpg
    IMG_20150621_191027200.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 98

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Finally have the cab completely in primer. Still need to take the step off the truck since it's the only one on there.

I'm not messing with the bod until after the 4th July weekend
Wow it's looking Nice looks like your hard work is starting to pay off. ;Sweet

kcwright1979

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Added my accessories to the engine (waiting on ARP bolts for the intake) hoping to have the engine installed this weekend.

if the photo is upside down my bad.:dunno

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    756.5 KB · Views: 86

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
New wheels and tires. Adjusted wheel bearings, slightly loose after a repack. Discovered rear hub seal weeping... Despite totally cleaning and new rear brakes along with two piece scotseal. put new parking brake cables in the backing plates (should have done when I did the brakes a couple weeks ago!), but didn't hook them up or do the front cable. Gotta pull that all apart and clean/paint/lube. Hate how these Sterlings just seem to leak no matter what you do.

Biggest thing is I discovered a tie rod crazy loose, about to separate. Thought I heard a little noise up front the past week and seemed a bit more wandering. Glad I checked.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Mine had instructions to do so. But many here pretty much said I was wrong, and not to do that.
Who's are still leak free? This guy.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

Matt_INW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought I had a leaky injector. I could get the intake off to get to the IP to loosen the fuel line. So to the shop it went, where it was determined I'm blind or something. Because I apparently missed remove 1 or 2 side bolts for the intake (just remove the top ones).

Anyways, shop determined it was the intake plenum seal blowing stuff on the the underside of the intake which then dripped onto the injector area. Though I swear it smelling a little (not alot) like diesel. One new plenum seal later and so far so good. Will take a little longer for the area to totally dry, but I'm not seeing any new liquid appearing after 30 miles. Yay?

1,000+ mile Road trip tomorrow in the beast!

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Buttoned up parking brake cable fiasco. Didn't do the front cable as it's raining and the truck only partially fits in the garage. Adjusted drums and cables. Got one rear shock removed and replaced and broke my socket on the second one. Only have a deep now and that won't fit my impact, nut is about rounded off when the socket broke too so I think I'm done. Gotta cut it off and get a new bolt tomorrow. This wasn't a plow truck, only made that mistake once, but damn the neglect and crusty stuff underneath is close sometimes. A little anti seize goes a long way! Still need to do front shocks and tie rods too, among other things, before my trip next week.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're still having problems with that sterling leaking, check the vent tube. Sometimes they get plugged with dirt. Also, if you ever notice the axle bolts becoming loose shortly after you have tighten them, it's time for new lock washers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist