So what did you do with your truck today?

3Kp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it over to the mechanic's to have new u-joints (rear) and axle joints put on it. parts cost plus his cost of $150.00 to do it. :sly

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
3 joints in rear shaft about $15 ea... plus two $40 joints for axle shafts? Great price. Rear shaft is cake, axle joints are labor intensive. Do the carrier bearing too while it's apart.

3Kp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The carrier bearing was toasted and so was the axle joints. Figured since shaft was off went ahead and do the u joints. Also replaced wheel bearings in front hubs since they were apart. roughly $300 in parts and $150 for him to do it. I was going to do it my self but it's been raining here like crazy and I have no garage. With the Midwest Rally coming up I figure it would be better if someone else to do it since my days are pretty busy with work. plus I never done axle joints before.:hail

Spun4Fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
going to stick a Giant AUX 6.0 PSD Tranny cooler to replace the stock one along with Tranny temp gauge

You must be registered for see images attach

Spun4Fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6.0 PSD Tranny Aux cooler all fitted in place of the mini Pocket stock cooler . it was relatively easy mod , Had to cut the hood latch vertical bracket that goes across the front to make it fit , Few fitting to convert the 5/16 to 1/2 " house

Old Cooler

larson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced my wiper motor yesterday. Man it was kind of a beating and followed that up with fixing my ac compressor clutch and dropping both tanks to extend the pick up line. Why ford didn't just run the hard line an 1/8 in from the bottom of these tanks I have no idea but they should have. I now have access to 10 more gallons of fuel between both tanks.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Didn't do nothin with my truck but I did play with my little flux core welder
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Spun4Fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced my wiper motor yesterday. Man it was kind of a beating and followed that up with fixing my ac compressor clutch and dropping both tanks to extend the pick up line. Why ford didn't just run the hard line an 1/8 in from the bottom of these tanks I have no idea but they should have. I now have access to 10 more gallons of fuel between both tanks.

I guess that could explain why it ran out of fuel on me when my fuel gauge show I am less than 1/4 tank the 1st time I drive the truck after I bough her

Now I switch tanks when I am less of a 1/4 tank

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put the intake hat and elbow back on the 4x4, fired it up first time since Super bowl weekend. Test drive, ac subpar, dropped in a can, 90 ambient, 43 psi low side, 220 high side. Nice and cool, I hate heat. Test drove again, good lord ive got to get a turbo on the dually, the 4x4 with camper will outrun the dually empty. Sad yes?

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Picked up a zf5 and a transfer case outta a 460 today.what do I have to do to make the trans fit my truck?

idi_Marty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gasser bellhousing is different, have to use an adapter plate. I'm sure the flex plate and such may be different too, but I'm not sure there, maybe create a build thread, I know a bunch of guys on here have used them.
I'll have a diesel zf5 and transfer case for sale soon, just gotta have time away from work to pull them.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Gasser bellhousing is different, have to use an adapter plate. I'm sure the flex plate and such may be different too, but I'm not sure there, maybe create a build thread, I know a bunch of guys on here have used them.
I'll have a diesel zf5 and transfer case for sale soon, just gotta have time away from work to pull them.

Somewere they said you could still it but idk how that would work

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online