So what did you do with your truck today?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My truck got to work ;Sweet

After getting a new block heater in last week (still holding up well, BTW), I was tasked with pulling a trailer for the Sea Scout group that I work with. The trailer's full of equipment for an event that was held this last weekend...the trailer was replaced, but I weighed the old trailer with my truck, and the whole rig was 14K lbs :D this trailer's a bit bigger, so it probably weighs slightly more.

Truck handled like a champ...no speed records, but all was nice and happy at 55 mph ;Sweet

Here's the truck and trailer:
You must be registered for see images attach

Closing ceremonies for the event:

And, thought some of you guys would like to see some of the boats that cruised in :D the unit I work with runs the boat in the center of the back row ;Sweet

turbodidi

Reaction score
Took the ol pickup out to Union today...nice drive in the country, spent day eating frog legs and shrimp with the fam.:)

Attachments

• CAM00687.jpg
    CAM00687.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 111

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
added a 35 gal tank and a liftgate to the Sulaco over the weekend.

Attachments

• P1030225.JPG
    P1030225.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 18
  • P1030226.JPG
    P1030226.JPG
    155.5 KB · Views: 17
  • P1030228.JPG
    P1030228.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 14
  • P1030230.JPG
    P1030230.JPG
    159 KB · Views: 19
  • P1030232.JPG
    P1030232.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 18

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
added a 35 gal tank and a liftgate to the Sulaco over the weekend.
Mig those mount brackets on?
And now the radiators got a hole in the top tank thats big enough so it cant be brazed
Braze a price over the hole. Lol

Not much here today. Just adjusting my rears and checking on some things.
Known about it for awhile, but this is my passenger rear axle front spring mount.
You must be registered for see images

Also my drag link has a bit too much play.
My new balljoints and old regreased wheel bearings are still tight. Glad about that. Lol
Also looking like my front and rear main seals are seeping a bit, and maybe the oil pan. (Psd)
I'm still getting a slight pop/clunk in my front end somewhere. Probably the spring bushings. Only happens when I've braked hard going forwards then brake hard in reverse. Or vise versa.
I think I'm hearing a slight squeal every now and again. Probably the ujoint I just changed not long ago. Cheapo Duracrap ujoint. Only reason same brand went back in is it was warranted, and couldn't afford the spicers. They're all still tight though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aofarrell2

Turbo Desirous
Reaction score
Mig those mount brackets on?

Braze a price over the hole. Lol

Not much here today. Just adjusting my rears and checking on some things.
Known about it for awhile, but this is my passenger rear axle front spring mount.
You must be registered for see images

Also my drag link has a bit too much play.
My new balljoints and old regreased wheel bearings are still tight. Glad about that. Lol
Also looking like my front and rear main seals are seeping a bit, and maybe the oil pan. (Psd)
I'm still getting a slight pop/clunk in my front end somewhere. Probably the spring bushings. Only happens when I've braked hard going forwards then brake hard in reverse. Or vise versa.
I think I'm hearing a slight squeal every now and again. Probably the ujoint I just changed not long ago. Cheapo Duracrap ujoint. Only reason same brand went back in is it was warranted, and couldn't afford the spicers. They're all still tight though.

If you replace them later get a Precision - I've had great luck with them, and they aren't terribly pricey.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I've read a little about the precisions. Supposed to be pretty good.
But iirc, I had found the spicers for cheaper.
I like the way mig looks. I mean some stick can look pretty good also.
Have you ever heard of someone's ecu/TCM/idm/etc being fried from welding on the vehicle without disconnecting the batteries?

aofarrell2

Turbo Desirous
Reaction score
You can fry electronics while welding On a vehicle, it's not limited to just controllers of sorts, it can also harm radios etc. However if you have grounded the welding area well there shouldn't be any problems. Most of the time I've heard of failed electronics they didn't ground it properly. It so happened a guy even blew up his battery... I personally have never had a problem.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

1466IH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read a little about the precisions. Supposed to be pretty good.
But iirc, I had found the spicers for cheaper.
I like the way mig looks. I mean some stick can look pretty good also.
Have you ever heard of someone's ecu/TCM/idm/etc being fried from welding on the vehicle without disconnecting the batteries?

It can fry things if the proper precautions aren't taken. I weld on the back bumper of my service truck all the time but I do always unhook computers, alt's, and batteries when welding on a machine. I also ground to the same piece that I am welding on. You should see what an arc inside of a pin bore on a piece of equipment can do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the IDI, I took the headache rack off and put it on craigslist. Its getting a canopy..

On the PSD, it got the napa 6637 filter swap in prep for a better exhaust and other stuff down the road.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker

Members online