So what did you do with your truck today?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I don't let anyone borrow mine. Lol
Did a little cleaning today.
Pre wash.
You must be registered for see images

Washed.

Waxed and chrome polished.

The pinkish/purple color is gone now. It's blue again. Lol may not be able to see it in the pics.
Interior tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Interior.
Headliners a little dirty. Lol Gonna be replaced with some sort of camo later on, so I haven't tried cleaning it.
My shift boot bezel was broke, so I fixed er. May stain it one day.
You must be registered for see images attach

Going to restore my headlights now.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Before.

After.

Insides aren't very good.
Used 600 wet, 3000 wet, tack cloth to clean, then clear coat. We'll see how they last this time.
Now off to the police station. Gotta file a report for a dumba$$ family member that won't quit stealing my **** and selling it.
Whole brick front clip, both power doors, some fuel tanks, some more stuff. All in great condition that I've been trying to sell.
I wish it were the old days and could have lynchings.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Locked the cab, for the first time in prob. 20+ years. We bought the truck two years ago, it'd been a field truck since 1992. No door key, ignition key was hinky (now the column cylinder turns without a key). I was taking the radio bezel off to prep for a swap the other day, remembered the ashtray was still chock-full of NAWSTY ashes/butts, put on a pair of gloves to pull it and empty it out, and as I'm dumping it, clink-clink. It's the door key, farmer stuck it in the ashtray and surely forgot about it, buried it in ashes over the years. Couple copies at the True Value ("what year is that truck again?") and I'm FINALLY able to lock it up!

Metra radio install kit is on the way; best price was - get this - Staples!, $7-ish, free shipping to pick up in store.

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody I put new tires on my truck new batterys new altinator new voltage regulator ! I also added 2 alpine sets 6x9s R series. 1 in each door 2 in behind the seat , put a new alpine cd deck. and 2 new polk audio amps , and added an alarm with remote start locks! so Ive been busy and spending too much money!!!! lol

Last edited:

aofarrell2

Turbo Desirous
Reaction score
Locked the cab, for the first time in prob. 20+ years. We bought the truck two years ago, it'd been a field truck since 1992. No door key, ignition key was hinky (now the column cylinder turns without a key). I was taking the radio bezel off to prep for a swap the other day, remembered the ashtray was still chock-full of NAWSTY ashes/butts, put on a pair of gloves to pull it and empty it out, and as I'm dumping it, clink-clink. It's the door key, farmer stuck it in the ashtray and surely forgot about it, buried it in ashes over the years. Couple copies at the True Value ("what year is that truck again?") and I'm FINALLY able to lock it up!

Metra radio install kit is on the way; best price was - get this - Staples!, $7-ish, free shipping to pick up in store.

Mine does the column key thing too. Only thing that'll fix it is a rebuild of the column. For me they estimated it'd run almost $500, but it'll fix my cruise control too.

Probably a bad joke here but whenever the detailing shop here finds an ashtray like yours they call it either a buttload or a a$$tray (get it lol)

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does the column key thing too. Only thing that'll fix it is a rebuild of the column. For me they estimated it'd run almost $500, but it'll fix my cruise control too.
It's just the cylinder with mine. It worked with the key the dude gave me. I made copies of it, none of the copies worked, but when I pulled the key out, the cylinder still turned. So I can start and run the truck. Maybe I'll pull the cylinder one day and try to clean it out, or just get a new one. I just wish there was some way to convert it to work on one key, like the later trucks (or even better, key it the same as one of our '95s).

Probably a bad joke here but whenever the detailing shop here finds an ashtray like yours they call it either a buttload or a a$$tray (get it lol)
They mighta called the H-a$$-Mat team, opening this one. Sorry if I offend anyone, but dayum, smoking detritus is :puke:.

Mike-M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got new Moog tie rod ends, and I was expecting them to come with new zerks, but they didnt. They have holes for em. Maybe I'll pull out the old ones, maybe I'll go to the auto parts store and get new ones. Depends if I need anything else today I guess.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Contact Moog. I did the whole linkage on one of the '95s with Moog "Problem Solver" parts last fall; all four came with zerks. If they were new-old-stock, open-box, someone might have pinched them from the box. Otherwise, they shoulda been there. Were the castle nuts there? Shoot, mine even came with cotter pins.

ammocan

Reaction score
Today I put a new exhaust on the truck fabbed up my own y pipe as you see in the picture. The down pipe y is not a massive improvement on the stock other than both pipes now feed into a 3" pipe instead of 2 1/2". Welded the entire thing out of generic 3" fittings from checker. The whole piece cost me like $20. Don't critique my welding i'm an amateur at best. its under the truck, its not structural, and it was done with a buzz box. Finished it off with a straight pipe. Sounds angry on the throttle. May need a glass pack or something. Recommendations?

Mike-M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Contact Moog. I did the whole linkage on one of the '95s with Moog "Problem Solver" parts last fall; all four came with zerks. If they were new-old-stock, open-box, someone might have pinched them from the box. Otherwise, they shoulda been there. Were the castle nuts there? Shoot, mine even came with cotter pins.

I went back to the store, they said each one should have come with a plastic bag containing a zerk, cotter pin, and castle nut. They gave me 4 bags and apologized.
None of these boxes were sealed, ever, as far as i can tell.
Spent the next hour trying to get my alignment right. I got it really close, but i think i still might take it to a shop that has some high tech gadgetry for getting it perfect. It drives straight when the wheel is straight, and I dont have any toe at all right now. Thats the best I could do by eye.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you can only eyeball it so close. When I did the '95 (TTB), I bought all four rods, plus the sleeves. Dropped the old setup all at once without taking it apart, and built up the new one using measurements of the old setup. Got it close enough where it went pretty straight down the road, but the alignment guy still had to tweak it.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody I put new tires on my truck new batterys new altinator new voltage regulator ! I also added 2 alpine 6x9s in behind the seat , put a new alpine cd deck. and 2 new polk audio amps , and added an alarm with remote start locks! so Ive been busy and spending too much money!!!! lol

Okay, that is freaking cool. The brick nose dash threw me off. I had to go back to the top and make sure it was a bull nose truck. The Barry Grant wheel is really nice. I'd almost be afraid to drive a truck that nice. Beautiful.