So what did you do with your truck today?

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, you were passing through my neck of the woods (I was just north of Green Bay, WI in Suamico at that time. I love when I can go visit my relatives in lower MI, and I always take the Mackinac Bridge. In the summer I love to take the cycle. Those winds can be nuts, but it's a great ride.

Did you get a picture of the truck during the journey?

Drove it 15hrs 20 min (800Mi) only stopping for fuel.
Truck ran non stop (going down the highway or idling for refuel) for about 16hrs.
No problems at all. 18mpg.
You must be registered for see images

Google apparently doesn't take the 55mph sections, construction, etc into account with their estimates.

89Laredo

Underemployed
Reaction score
Hey, you were passing through my neck of the woods (I was just north of Green Bay, WI in Suamico at that time. I love when I can go visit my relatives in lower MI, and I always take the Mackinac Bridge. In the summer I love to take the cycle. Those winds can be nuts, but it's a great ride.

Did you get a picture of the truck during the journey?
Only pic I got of the truck.

That was at like 3am in Minnesota somewhere.
Left my house at 4pm so did quite a bit of driving in the dark.

The bridge

Took this thing on the same trip last year.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was quite a ride you had! I always liked to keep going when things were moving well too, like my trips from the base in Cheyenne, WY to Door County, WI. It was always such a nice ride, but it always seemed like the rides through MN would be the darkest. As if the darkness just ate up my headlights, driving lights, and even fog lights. Iowa was always nice, and even Nebraska was a decent drive at night.

That may not be the brightest picture of your Ford, but it sure looks comfortable.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Have not done a thing today with my rig. Really need to go food shopping but might... Might not. We will see...

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
Went down to boulder highway today and picked up free goodies for a travel trailer that will be put up for sale or trade soon. Needs a little cleaning, but worth it for free. Got to smoke folks out also with my exhaust LOL :sly

mjs2011

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I pulled the Ice Shack out to the local rock and sand plant to get it weighed. 2000 lbs on the wheels, not including the tongue weight, also not including a four-wheeler in the Shack. All that weight on those little 4 lug wheels, ouch!

We plan to put on a torsion axle, currently the only shock absorber it has is low inflated tires.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
This weekend I went to Rochester for my seats then Syracuse to pick up some of my brothers tools, (He passed in 2004) from his widow, then to the cabin in Gilboa NY on Saturday. 700 miles. Drove home on Sunday 200 miles. It ran perfect, except that it started funny twice. It fired up quickly but seemed to be not running on all 8 is the only way I can describe it. It only lasted about 5-10 second and then ran fine. Lots of black smoke when it happened then it cleared right up. That was Saturday and it has not done it since. I averaged 14.5 mpg at 75 mph.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well I actually drove my rig today. Went food shopping and went to liquor store for some lotto tickets. Hoping I get some money so the good wifey can quit working. She deserves some time to enjoy life. Her ankle surgery was a sucess so she is out of pain now. Sure happy for that. She can't take most pain killers cause she is allergic to morphine.. I'm not and it works great on me..:thumbsup::hail I'm usually on 500 mg of Vicodin most days now. My industrial injury to me back is getting worse. I'm barely able to get around without pain. Sucks to live this way but nothing can be done.. I'm thinking I need to see another dr about this but workers comp is a mess. I do have a very good attorney so I'm well protected. Its sucky to ask to get medical attention too. Truck is running great too. Its just tuff climbing into it but its worse stepping down into the Accord. Might drive the rig tomorrow about 60 miles to help out someone with some clipper blades. I have been sharpening blades for many years. It keeps me busy these days. Only problem is my arms are shaved clean. I use my arm hair to test every blade after I have tested them on a rabbit pelt. Seems rabbit hair is the finest hair of al the animals. If it cuts that then it sure will cut the horse hair.. I still check everything I do. I just can't send out something thats not right. I do this with all things. When I get a timing meter back from someone I test it on my engine so I know its working correctly. then an inventory is done and then its shipped. Only once was a meter shipped without being tested. and wouldn't you know it.. That meter was broken. Lesson learned. Just had a turkey pot pie and really enjoyed that. Just didn't feel like cooking tonite.. Will try and take the wifey out tomorrow nite for drinks and nachos from a very good mexican restaurant we have gone to since 1975. Gees thats a long time dining somewhere. Life continues to be good.. Not perfect but good.

eastsideauto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the mystery machine today to haul what was left of my 96 F250 parts truck and a bunch of other scrap metals to the local metal recycler. Truck, trailer and all scrap hit the scales at 15980. Truck and trailer left at 8320. Good trip.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plugged in my truck so far today. icanfixall you ever try hanging upside down to help with your back pain? take the load off your spine.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
About time I joined in on all this BS. Went down to the shop to gather up some diesel stuff to sell. The 92 is parked there and damned if ain't got a flat on a new tire. Well she's just gonna sit like that for awhile. It's only 50*F with a cold NE 20 MPH wind, feels like 40. Probably spend a couple three hours filing a complaint with our wonderful Postal service, seems like they lost a Priority package 15 days ago worth $200. Maybe one of them Postal workers has an IDI and needed some injectors. If it wasn't so cold, I'd be out there replacing the HPOP hoses on the PSD before they blow, that would be nasty with oil all over the engine compartment, at three thousand PSI it squirts pretty good.

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
Today was support vehicle day for the one in front of the camera. 57 4 door chevy. Shuttled a air compressor back and forth, battery charger, some shelving for the garage, etc. Not pictured (behind me) is a 1977 cadillac seville.

Both came over on a flat bed tow truck, i'll get the photo later of it being hooked up

You must be registered for see images attach

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hooked the battery charger to my IDI. Then on the PSD, I replaced the side mirrors with not broken ones and added a passenger side rain guard to match the one on the driver side, it goes in for a new windshield tomorrow.

The IDI being the oldest vehicle we have and a farm rescue ironically has an almost mint condition windshield! I'm impressed.

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two new V-belts this morning and a spare set of 4 in the basement and another spare set in the truck. The VP/Alt belt looked pretty close to separating the outer belt from the inner rubber and I was missing a few inside-belt 'bumps.'

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7