So what did you do with your truck today?

that stinky ford

Reaction score
such a nice day, so I cleaned out my interior, screwed my door panels down on the bottom to make a rattle go away, put Pioneer speakers in, topped off fluids, checked air filter, mostly tinkering around. Then I went mudding. LOL;Sweet

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
used my truck to tow a trailer out of a yard that had my new to me powerstroke engine on it, then loaded it up and got it home, cant wait to get it in the truck now but still have parts to gather, have to get a new tailgate though, didn't think about taking it off and the engine bent the hell out of it

89Laredo

Underemployed
Reaction score
Drove it 15hrs 20 min (800Mi) only stopping for fuel.
Truck ran non stop (going down the highway or idling for refuel) for about 16hrs.
No problems at all. 18mpg.
You must be registered for see images

Google apparently doesn't take the 55mph sections, construction, etc into account with their estimates.

Last edited:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went out to work to machine some turbo stuff, but the column fell apart soooo, rebuilt it instead, new turn sig switch, new upper bearing , made new pins for the tilt, .004 oversize on the right side inner and drilled the outer hole to 19/64 and made that part of the pin a tight slip fit. VW 8mm valve stems make great tilt pins.
Its simply amazing how nice the key switch linkage works when the column is straight.!!!

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wife has been sick for two weeks, i finally caught it yesterday, she is feeling better. so she takes our son to her parents for the day so i could rest. I was feeling lousy, but i have been driving for two weeks with something loose in the front end. so i tore down the passenger side all the way to the knuckle. spent two hours banging on the lower ball joint to get it to let go of the arm. finally let loose, pressed out the ball joints, and called it a night. still feel lousy. guess i am taking the ole '89 460 to work tomorrow.

pickupman

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove the truck to work today. It's not my daily driver so I will drive it to work maybe once or twice a month. Besides that I just drive it around town, so she needs a good workout every once in a while. ;Sweet

93blklightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
. This is the switch panel I made for my rear window switch, led load lights, and hour meter . I'll get a pic of the window when I get the car seat out of the way lol

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

mjs2011

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I got my WVO system primed and running, installed a timer for my WVO return valve, put in one of two relays for the headlight mod, and did some cruising on oil. The weather is finally warming up here.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Ruger_556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up a piece of 1/4" steel plate for the top of my tool box.

You must be registered for see images attach

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped off our kids at sister in laws and went for a wood run! Got to test out the 4x4 on the new to us truck. It was fun!

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be such a cool project. I keep wanting to do something with my hood, though for me it's usually considering tractor type snorkel. I've got a couple of hoods so I would love to do something to introduce cold air into the mix.

Pic no worky.

I've been contemplating one of those shelfs for a long time, just haven't ever sat in a truck with one installed to make sure I can see under it (I'm a tall guy).

Definitely not my first post on this forum, but first post in this thread:

Spent a couple hours hacking my old hood in to pieces. Found a good one at the local JY (after looking for about a year) to replace the old one. The old one had that classic bend in both sides of it where somebody forgot something hanging over the fender and slammed the hood shut - needless to say, the hood didn't line up with either of the fenders at all, and I was staring at it as I was driving, and it annoyed the hell out of me.

Seeing how the center portion of the old hood was still good, I'm in the process of chopping that center portion up to weld on top of the existing hood - a sort of DIY cowl induction setup. I'll start a thread on it once I get it done......but that may be a while.