So what did you do with your truck today?

89greendiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice pics. Now did you remember to coat the top two and bottom two water pump bolt threads with RTV. Those 4 bolts enter the oily side of the gear cover. Oil will leak out past the threads. Nice looking new water pump too. When I use RTV I smear it on both sides of any gasket just to make sure is coating it with a thin layer. That way I know its well coated and not much will squeeze out when I'm done.

the directions said to only put RTV on the the top two. So i only did those two. I did put the RTV on both sides of the gasket though.

I suppose i could pull the bottom two, RTV them and put them back in.

i love shiney parts on my truck. Just finished injectors and return lines as well as a new glow plug relay/controller. I'll upload those pictures later

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

cold air intake. still needs a box and a cowl hood though

relocated fuel filter with new bracket

plus the pass valvecover went on

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score

cold air intake. still needs a box and a cowl hood though

relocated fuel filter with new bracket

plus the pass valvecover went on

bobracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey that is a nice little trailer, i have been looking for something just like that, mind sharing who made that one and the dimensions/capacity? thanks!

and to stay on topic i grabbed a rear bumper from my local junk yard and installed it. it even came with license plate screws :sly

It's actually a buddies' trailer but was bought at a local trailer place called C&B trailer. The problem being the place went out of business.
It's a 16' with 2' dovetail, 10K with brakes on both axle (WA law). He was trying to decided between this and a Big Tex and went with this because it's 82" between the fenders instead of 81".
We've hauled all kinds of Junk and the trailer pulls beautifully loaded or not, nice and smooth.

metalminded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's actually a buddies' trailer but was bought at a local trailer place called C&B trailer. The problem being the place went out of business.
It's a 16' with 2' dovetail, 10K with brakes on both axle (WA law). He was trying to decided between this and a Big Tex and went with this because it's 82" between the fenders instead of 81".
We've hauled all kinds of Junk and the trailer pulls beautifully loaded or not, nice and smooth.

Thanks man, been looking for something that would fit a full size truck if i had to without getting to big.

Mike-M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove mine around legally today for the first time. Hey, its a start.

aofarrell2

Turbo Desirous
Reaction score
Last night towed it home after the tranny failed. It's not fun being towed from behind downhill by a logging chain and tractor with no power steering or power brakes...

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took mine to home depot an got 20 pieces of concrete board, 13 fince posts, 12 bags of 90 pound concrete an couple 2x4's,50ft chain link, an big box of screws. Two days into this rebuilding barn an pastor. An fix hot wire to keep the horses from tearing it all back up. Oh all new paint out back fence to should like nice again.

89greendiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed injectors and return lines on my truck and wired up a new glow plug harness and relay/controller. I have solved my air intrusion problem, hard starting problem, and glow plug problem in one fell swoop. I may not "need" that rebuilt 093 and bull moose i bought a while back. But i guess it is nice to have it in case i want to put it on. Here are some pictures of the injectors and return lines. i had a problem with one injector. it came unscrewed from the lower half of itself. I posted a picture on Oilburner.net fb page and some dude named chris posted up pronto and called it like he was there. Thanks to him, i got the lower half of the injector out and carried on.

you can see the one injector near the end of the set is covered in RTV....i guess at an attempt to stop the leaks.

Also got a good picture of the carbon ring. It was pretty neat actually. After soaking in a pool of PB blaster overnight, it came off in layers with a light nudging of a screwdriver. Cleaned all the injector wells as best i could. Seriously took me about an hour to put everything together from the time i started putting in new injectors, o-rings, caps, return lines, copper washers etc.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42634280@N04/sets/72157634140757592/

fb photo thread (i was able to get it out without grinding down the injector's threads but the help is what i needed.) It was indeed full of carbon.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201421910977596&set=gm.10152281405738912&type=1&theater

Side note: i bet my mpg will go up significantly, as i would leave about a 1/4 cup of fuel on the ground everytime i parked. It would also pool around the valley pan and various nooks and crannies. It was also probably leaking while driving since its under pressure and i never saw how much that leaked. After stopping that leak, i have discovered that my supply pump is wet with fuel, so that is next on the list along with the fuel lines coming out of it. i couldn't tell before because of all the fuel coming down from the injectors and return lines. lol :D

Last edited:

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a injection line return kit on. I made a radiator shroud and two 14" electric fans and a electric thermastate. And put a new deep c6 transmission pan. Hope everyone had a great fathers day.

Last edited:

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Installed a homemade road draft tube. Used 1 1/4'' heavy hose and clamped it to this device I made from an old CDR tube I had which draws the crankcase gases from the factory location; ran the hose down the bellhousing and it exits behind the cab. I may shorten it up, just going to try this for a while and see how the haze reacts.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I put a new zf shifter boot in yesterday. What a difference. The cab is about 30 degrees cooler and the noise is greatly reduced. I got the boot directly from the dealership for $85, well worth the money after I took the old one out and saw how bad it really was.

Today I'm tightening up some exhaust leaks, loading up and will be rally bound.:cheers::D

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Exhaust leak fixed!! I thought my try k was quiet until now. No leaks and a new shifter boot made a huge difference in basic ride and drive quality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online