So what did you do with your truck today?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
The Colorado Springs Zoo is well worth checking out if you have the time. I had to drag my wife away from the giraffe area after about an hour. The prairie dogs were really fun to watch as well. Like miniature big time wrestling. Pikes Peak was neat too.
I've heard that the zoo there is great. I won't be stopping there though. I can't watch prairie dogs. I don't understand the fascination that the people in Colorado have with them. Around here, they're a pest and people hunt them (extremely fun!) or land owners poison them. In Colorado, it seems like the state feeds them. I would drive Pike's Peak again some day. That's the only tourist destination in that area that I would do again.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I got a call from a friend who lives in the country this evening. he's cleaning up some metal the his landlord told him to get rid of. He called me all excited because he found an old engine block. I was interested since he told me that it's a Ford engine so I drove out to try to help him identify it. It turned out to be a blue SBC engine so it wasn't anything special. Well it was a little special since it's a four bolt main block. It was also one of their Target Engines. The guy who was my foreman and then shop manager when I was working on the IDIs said that they were called Target Engines because all they were good for was target practice for tanks.

captain720

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The shop tractor went down yesterday so the 6.9 IDI became the shop tractor. Used it to move customers trailers around and I used the giant “chin” bumper to push the tractor in so I could change the fuel pump. Pushed the tractor up a hill no problem and I didn’t even have to push the accelerator on the truck just let the clutch out.

You must be registered for see images attach

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Half day at work so after lunch and a short grocery run I decided to use my old Ford to move my old Fords LOL

This 1910 didn't really like that much weight on the end of my ballast box. One of the sketchiest things I've tried with it but it got it moved to where I could unload. Should have used the truck but this was much easier.

Moved everything around to put this truck in the back yard. Then I had to put the other parts truck back.... Lot's of back and forth, get off, turn the wheels, push some more, readjust the wheels......

82 degrees with high humidity and an air quality advisory for smoke. I was pretty whooped and soaked so that's enough for today.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@chillman88 be glad you have a FEL my 1910 wouldn't even think about moving that. 800# hay bale on the 3 point pulls the front tires off the ground.

James

Well I won't lie, I was steering with the skid brakes LOL It wasn't happy! I think my pump is weak honestly. Things it seems like it should lift it just won't. I understand they're not heavy tractors but it still seems weak.

I think it would have been much better if the weight was over the 3pt but it was about 14" out because of my ballast box so leverage.

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it's been over the course of 3 days but here's my idi news updates.

Wednesday I changed the oil. No not because I am just awesome and up on every bit of maintenance. Because my main ride, 2019 Titan XD Cummins, decided to have an emissions hissy fit that can't be fixed for 2 weeks 2 days before going on my vacation.(Parts availability)

So Big Ugly gets to take the dirtbikes to Moab instead. Long drive from Virginia, needs fresh oil.

Thursday take Ugly in for state inspection. Passes no issue. Was 2 years out as I missed last year.

Also I finally cut the rotted out step brackets off the truck too.

Loaded bikes and camping gear, checked all fluids and parked it for the night.

Friday, loaded clothes and tools, plus 2 rifles, pistol, ammo, portable fridge, my son and then we hit the road. After the 1st hour the torque converter clutch started unlocking randomly. When this happened before, cleaning the transmission connector with electrical cleaner has fixed it. Not today. It would do the constant lock/unlock thing for a while then it'd be fine for a few hours then back at it again. Even so we managed to cover 1100 miles today and holed up at a hotel in Topeka.

My thought on the issue is a bad FIPL. And somehow, O'Reillys in Topeka is showing stock on that so I'll pick one up in the morning. Hope that's it because it's super aggravating.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The shop tractor went down yesterday so the 6.9 IDI became the shop tractor. Used it to move customers trailers around and I used the giant “chin” bumper to push the tractor in so I could change the fuel pump. Pushed the tractor up a hill no problem and I didn’t even have to push the accelerator on the truck just let the clutch out.

Since you are in Washington, are those Apple Trees in the back ground? Ladder is a clue.
Wish we could grow an Apple tree, but growing season is short here. We do have one, probably planted when the house was built in 74, and never pruned. It`s huge. Has little biddy Apples that never mature, because the temp drop early in the season.

We had one tree when we lived in Ca., a Golden Delicious. kept it pruned and always had a bumper crop. Miss that old tree.
Store bought apples suck.
If Sage and Rabbit brush was in demand, I would be a millionaire.

Goat

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Half day at work so after lunch and a short grocery run I decided to use my old Ford to move my old Fords LOL

This 1910 didn't really like that much weight on the end of my ballast box. One of the sketchiest things I've tried with it but it got it moved to where I could unload. Should have used the truck but this was much easier.

Moved everything around to put this truck in the back yard. Then I had to put the other parts truck back.... Lot's of back and forth, get off, turn the wheels, push some more, readjust the wheels......

82 degrees with high humidity and an air quality advisory for smoke. I was pretty whooped and soaked so that's enough for today.

Is the 1910 about 30 HP?
I read about a product called Rim Guard to place inside the rear tires for ballast. Won`t rust out the rims like the salt solution used.

I have a JD 950 with a Back Hoe, gives me plenty of rear weight.
Neighbor up the road gave me his Kioti CK30 in April, it`s 30HP, has 604 Hrs. Thinking about the Rim Guard for it.

Goat

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the 1910 about 30 HP?
I read about a product called Rim Guard to place inside the rear tires for ballast. Won`t rust out the rims like the salt solution used.

I have a JD 950 with a Back Hoe, gives me plenty of rear weight.
Neighbor up the road gave me his Kioti CK30 in April, it`s 30HP, has 604 Hrs. Thinking about the Rim Guard for it.

Goat

Yes I think it's 28-29hp at the drawbar from what I've read. The rears are 3/4 loaded with something, was like that when I bought it so I'm not sure what's in them.

I'd love to get a backhoe for this someday but it's probably cheaper to buy an old used backhoe than to find a backhoe made for this tractor!

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up a new FIPL (TPS) first thing this morning and installed it. 2 1/2 hours into our drive and no issues with the Torque converter.

Been teaching Zane, he's driving, how to manage EGT's and boost on the hills. I really need more turbo and to get my intercooler installed. Not making much boost below 1800 rpm. 2k is 75 mph. So more boost earlier.

Another 600 miles to go for today but truck is running great for now