So what did you do with your truck today?

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was assuming that you build on some type of grille guard. I learned to hate those things when I was working on these trucks all the time. It doesn't see, like much, but even if you have to stand just 6" farther away from the grille, it's quite a bit more difficult to work on these engines. Of course just the bumper will push you farther away too.

My bummper has a built in step, its better with the rib cut out the big holes.

You must be registered for see images attach

tradergem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The good news: I replaced the o-rings on my return lines today. The bad news: I split the line nut on the #7 injector line when re-installing it. So now I need to find a replacement #7 line and injector because the threads are buggered up too.
I love it when everything goes to plan. Sarc.!!

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
Weldingman, you have a clean rig! I saw a large Hobart gas powered welder on auction the other day. Thought about buying it but came to my senses as I never seem to weld remotely. But seemed like a deal at $1,100 as it was operational. Figured it would cost me $40 a month to store, so decided to pass. Already have a stick, tig, and a mig. Just none that are self powered like up yours!

Weldingman

Reaction score
Weldingman, you have a clean rig! I saw a large Hobart gas powered welder on auction the other day. Thought about buying it but came to my senses as I never seem to weld remotely. But seemed like a deal at $1,100 as it was operational. Figured it would cost me $40 a month to store, so decided to pass. Already have a stick, tig, and a mig. Just none that are self powered like up yours!
Thanks that’s a 1960 sa200 redface it was my grandfathers back in the day I completely restored it.

miles1400

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on wensday i went over to jersey to get a better rear bumper and to pick up 2 snowblowers for repairs. it was the first time i took the new truck out of PA

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice, weldingman. I have an s250 with a Perkins from the '80s that needs some TLC. What's a good source for parts and advice on that? I did find the correct manual from Lincoln.

Weldingman

Reaction score
Very nice, weldingman. I have an s250 with a Perkins from the '80s that needs some TLC. What's a good source for parts and advice on that? I did find the correct manual from Lincoln.
Bwparts.com has almost everything for those machines. They also have some YouTube videos that are helpful. Weldingweb is a good forum that has a Lincoln section with a lot of knowledgeable people.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Drove thru a storm that dumped 6" on us to get to the coast, parked in a dead flat site and went in for cocktails !
this is the next mornings weather!

Fixed the cooling system issue, now to tone down the egt's time to check the timming...

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finished stripping one of my engines to the block. I have an NA crank, connecting rods, and .040 pistons that will be gone this Friday incase anyone in the mid Atlantic within driving distance needs anything.