So what did you do with your truck today?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the first dent always hurts the worst. So now the second one won’t be a big deal.

I hope your side impact air bags went off and helped your shoulder from hitting too hard.

Also hoping your tranny is still under factory Manchero warranty. Looks expensive. :)

Good news is you still have another perfectly good truck to drive around.

Looks like you had fun breaking it. Best of all you got it back on the trailer!

I HAD A KILLER TIME!!!
i found the weak links!
"
ive already got a line on a 1/4 panel.
but i wont do that work anytime soon.
im gonnna repair it with as little cash as i can.
i have a 2 wd ZF5, a divorced np205, and change rims.

gotta put all my cash in the next project.

this ones getting linked front and rear, coils, dove tailed front and rear, and a full exo on 06 ford axles

You must be registered for see images attach

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
You rocked it! Glad you had fun and did not let a little bump in the road ruin your day!

Looking forward to hearing and seeing more of your new project and seeing the Manchero back on the trail!

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Some other tips -

First run only non-ethanol gas in you power equipment. It is what clogs up your carb jets and passages. If you run your gear every day for work it never has time to sit or dry up. But all of us weekend warriors can plan on carb work every time our gear sits for 1-6 months not running. In CA that means pretty much airport fuel, I do not have a plane so I am SOL. Many states have gas stations that’s offer non-ethanol fuel.

So I go to Home Depot and buy Tru-Fuel (Lowe’s and Walmart have something similar.) which is non-ethanol, treated with fuel stabilizer, and comes straight, 50:1 two stroke mix, or 40/:1 two stroke mix. Now a month later or year later my stuff runs! It’s $6 a quart and $22 a gallon but if you get stuck on the price, think about the fact you probably only use a couple gallons a year and paying for a new carb for your chainsaw, trimmer, minibike, go-cart, outboard, and mower rebuild kit is far more. If you have a large yard perhaps you run your mower on pump gas but your more sensitive trimmers, blowers, saws on Tru-Fuel. The start your mower every couple weeks or drain the gas and carb before storing it. My friends and family all are believers and tell me how unlike before, thier equipment always starts easy and runs great.

This should be a sticky! I have been burnt so many times ethanol gas knocking out my carbs if I let them sit at all I refuse to run it anymore! I found a local station with ethanol free and have not turned back.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I just submitted all my final masters work. Haven't been able to work on my build much the last 1.5 years.. Headed to Mexico for the week and ready to jump into it next weekend

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That is awesome congrats!!!!

I am really looking forward to finishing my BS! Working through the fun of fluid dynamics at the moment.......less than a year to go.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is awesome congrats!!!!

I am really looking forward to finishing my BS! Working through the fun of fluid dynamics at the moment.......less than a year to go.
Thanks man.. Fluid and thermo can be tough, Goodluck

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I’ll try and get my oil cooler off. I think I’ll make a video on how to service the non-serviceable regulator. I’ve done it 3 times and have had good luck so hopefully that’s what my issue is. I should’ve done it when I had the oil cooler out before!!

Welding it in would make it non-serviceable, just stacking a washer in place only adds a challenge.

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
191224820_4893670817316654_7430444950765600719_n-jpg.135641

I see you have one of them self deleating t-cases.:joker:

dan-o

Reaction score
Did it start out with: "Hold my beer!" or, "Hey Y'all, watch this!"?
I have a similar picture of my brother after his 260Z went airborne and landed on it's side in a field and slid about 20 yards.
Good times have a price....usually it's worth it.
Glad you are OK, bro!

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
I got some explaining to do here,lol.Lets start with the dump truck.

So, I had a lot of plans for this truck, but I decided to use this as the parts truck since it has a good 4x4 zf5, hydroboost, and 7.3 (not sure on condition). If anybody needs any parts, let me know:Thumbs Up.Now the 88' f250

no surprise, I got to attached to it, so it's staying with me. The zf5 and hydro boost will go in here and thinking maybe a d60 and dually swap. And the 87' f250

Got a new set of batteries from rural king this week for $79 a piece. Starts up immediately. I just wanted to do a quick update on everything when I had a minute

Rock

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
Farmer Rock,

I am in search for a VRV, coolant recovery bottle, wiper switch knob, and a A/C clutch. The A/C clutch was no match for the IDI at 2,700rpm when the A/C compressor siezed up!

I have a 275 gallon water tank like yours. Use it to wash my boat where I keep it in storage. Faster than hooking up the trailer, pulling the boat cover, checking in and out of the facility, towing, cleaning, and doing it all in reverse.

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
Farmer Rock,

I am in search for a VRV, coolant recovery bottle, wiper switch knob, and a A/C clutch. The A/C clutch was no match for the IDI at 2,700rpm when the A/C compressor siezed up!

I have a 275 gallon water tank like yours. Use it to wash my boat where I keep it in storage. Faster than hooking up the trailer, pulling the boat cover, checking in and out of the facility, towing, cleaning, and doing it all in reverse.
I think I do have an extra vrv, but one of the barbs cracked off. This dump truck is a 5 speed, so no vrv on it, but I had an extra on a spare motor that I swapped on the blue and white f250 (c6) since I broke the other one. It still works, I think just the barb busted off. The coolant over flow bottle has a crack in it, and the AC parts are missing. It's probably not worth it for you since everything is busted,lol, but if you still want the vrv and over flow bottle, you can have them for the price of shipping.

Rock

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Bradd, you can still buy a new clutch for the A/C compressor. It's a relatively inexpensive part.