So what did you do with your truck today?

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
chip truck;

tweaked the smoke puff limiter a tiny bit more.another 1/8 turn.she's right on the money now with 0% smoke under all conditions save for a light gray haze for a couple seconds when under load in OD before a downshift.real sweet now.just pure clean powerful moose performance.

u-joint failure! getting loud.thought it was my t-case (cus it leaks in the middle) so topped it up and thought that was it.but latter on the sound came back.looked and saw needle bearing sticking out.........oh great.
so got back to work,pulled the drive shaft.locked the hubs.loaded the truck.headed to the dump,then to lunch and the auto store to grab a rear driveshaft using front wheel drive.:D
had a local shop press in the joint,slid the shaft back in,unlocked the hubs,took her out of 4wd and was back to normal. so back to work again.

so with the scare of the t-case going bad due to a slow leak.i broke that down tonight after work (it's not going to be getting any warmer out,so i best get to it) and sealed that up finally so that's done.i'll top her up tomorrow and she should be ready for next week.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hands down, the easiest way to pull your engine and transmission is with the cab off......

You must be registered for see images attach

oops, broke a window with the forklift....

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked up a used but new to me Pioneer DEH4800MP deck so I can replace the twin shaft pos in there already...sad part is they cut the harness and now I hqve to see if I can stick a factory plug or two back in there. I despise cut harnesses....

Did I mention how much I dont like cut harnesses cause I really dont.

If I cant I will probably have a fit....

Lol

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dragged my second of 3 trucks from my parents house. Drove around, parked it, then went to move it forward in driveway and popped another brake line.
Hahhaha can't win

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dragged my second of 3 trucks from my parents house. Drove around, parked it, then went to move it forward in driveway and popped another brake line.
Hahhaha can't win

blowing a brake line in the yard rather than on the road is a win Danielle.;Sweet

You must be registered for see images

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My first brake line blow was in a parking lot. Close enough to call it a win. Drifted through in low gear and ran it up on a parking block out of the way. Very glad it happened where it did. No such thing as flat ground there and I don't think the Ebrake was working at the time.

Not sure this counts as with my truck but I started making a bunch of room in the garage last night so I can paint it. The other project in there is moving out and to its new home.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ive never had a brake line bust on me... curious to know what failed on you....

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't live where it rusts. If you have a ford truck of this vintage, the rear brake line rusts in two about where the bed meets the cab for some reason. My 88 did it. Big Red did it and luckily it was sitting in the garage when it started leaking. :rolleyes:

I've seen/heard told of numerous failures at that location due to rust.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, it's a rust belt thing! This is the main reason for buying stainless steel, simply to combat rust.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
explains why ive never had one fail :D

RUST???? what is that LOL

dropped off intake, serp set up, turbo hat, valve covers, all brackets, to get powder coated midnight blue with metal flake! gonna turn out pretty badass.

oil pan, IP gear cover, pulleys, oil pan going black.

should have had the oil cooler done too... oah well, thats gonna get painted

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
explains why ive never had one fail :D

RUST???? what is that LOL

dropped off intake, serp set up, turbo hat, valve covers, all brackets, to get powder coated midnight blue with metal flake! gonna turn out pretty badass.

oil pan, IP gear cover, pulleys, oil pan going black.

should have had the oil cooler done too... oah well, thats gonna get painted

Lemon cover???

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re-aligned my down pipe. It seems to have slipped out of the turbo snail...Like a month ago. Lots of soot on the firewall!

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Liquid refreshment for the old Huntin Truck! Cha,Ching!