So what did you do with your truck today?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
heads, valvetrain, on the 7.3 for the bronco!!!

next up: tear engine out of the 89 F250 and break it down

Koch13351

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with stock dana 60 springs will it sit higher in the front with the 250 springs

From my research, should sit 2" higher in the front vs. stock TTB. So, damn near level front to back after D60 swap.

needlenose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not me, but I came out this morning and caught one of the shop gnomes changing the tranny fluid.

You must be registered for see images attach

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well i thought about installing my h-max smoke puff limiter but i only had time to change the knifes in my chipper after work today dangit.it's the thought that counts anyway though right?:rotflmao
ah well.maybe tomorrow.im hardly getting smoke anyway really.just when she hangs in OD pulling a grade (with ease!) and just as she downshifts to 3rd she gets a little dirty.

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
well i thought about installing my h-max smoke puff limiter but i only had time to change the knifes in my chipper after work today dangit.it's the thought that counts anyway though right?:rotflmao
ah well.maybe tomorrow.im hardly getting smoke anyway really.just when she hangs in OD pulling a grade (with ease!) and just as she downshifts to 3rd she gets a little dirty.

well i got 'er in today after work.now to figure out where to tap in the boost line.instructions say pre-intercooler. i was thinking about that the other day,cus i thought it might not be responsive quick enough if it wasn't tapped in at the turbo.
hmm.just in the wastegate line maybe? i'll search to see if i can do that,then start a thread to ask if i come up empty.otherwise i guess iv got to tap into the cooler pipe just as it exits the turbo i suppose.

i started her up and she didn't run-away on me,so that's good for starters.:D
(i did keep playing until i figured out how it could look if installed wrong.-basically it can hook around the throttle linkage in there if not careful i noticed.)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    611.6 KB · Views: 101

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
plumbed in my SPL tonight after work.they dont supply the 1/16 Allen wrench required for the set screw.:dunno so had to run back and forth from and to the hardware store.couldn't get the right one because someone put a metric in the bin i guess.oh brother.finally got one at another hardware store.
so anywho,i called h-max and they said if the wastegate line is before the intercooler i could tap in there without issue so i did and then i followed the directions to turn it until the engine idle starts to lower,then turn it out a full rotation and then test drive to dial it in.
oh man...........it's not just no smoke in OD before she downshifts to 3rd but it's quicker acceleration (like a lot too!) without it rolling coal.this little gem is a power increaser! not just an efficiency booster.
so it was getting a little dark,so i'll wait until tomorrow to dial it in some more.it's so stupid simple to tweak i love it!
this bull moose ip is impressive but now coupled with the SPL it's like holy crap.best of both worlds!fun stuff!

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    638.6 KB · Views: 89

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I may need to try one of these smokepuff eliminators after some winter cash hits

oh man these things are nice! if your getting smoke out the exhaust at any time (only time i was at all was in od under load) then you'll love this sucker!
if someone told me id ever have hard acceleration while in OD with this heavy truck,i wouldn't have believed them.the moose and the SPL is like heaven on earth.

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
chip truck;

water pump failure!
it failed on my way in to work.bearing shot.all wobbly and leaking coolant.so i went and bought some distilled water.loosened the cap and worked the truck for the day.local auto store didn't have a water pump in stock,but could get one in at 2pm....perfect.they even stocked fleet charge to boot!
the truck even made it home on it's own too.slick.so i put that in tonight and i just need to fill her back up in the am and im good to go.

the bad part?
my records indicate at 95k miles i replaced the water pump with a new oem motorcraft.
the truck now has under 140k miles on it.so not even 50k miles on a water pump.they just don't make stuff like the used to.should have just kept the original pump.so much for preventive maintenance.that one bit me in the ass.

the good;
it's been 60k miles since i replaced my hoses.so i did these at the same time.new gates,upper and lower.
^ that's what i thought to myself when i saw the steam coming from under the hood.uh oh.i didn't get my hoses replaced in time.......then i popped the hood.......wrong.just good old China/Mexican junk failing.
you know ya pay a bit more and buy motorcraft thinking you'll get something different but.....ah well./rant.that's how it goes sometimes.

Last edited:

pafixitman

Reaction score
chip truck;

water pump failure!
it failed on my way in to work.bearing shot.all wobbly and leaking coolant.so i went and bought some distilled water.loosened the cap and worked the truck for the day.local auto store didn't have a water pump in stock,but could get one in at 2pm....perfect.they even stocked fleet charge to boot!
the truck even made it home on it's own too.slick.so i put that in tonight and i just need to fill her back up in the am and im good to go.

the bad part?
my records indicate at 95k miles i replaced the water pump with a new oem motorcraft.
the truck now has under 140k miles on it.so not even 50k miles on a water pump.they just don't make stuff like the used to.should have just kept the original pump.so much for preventive maintenance.that one bit me in the ass.

the good;
it's been 60k miles since i replaced my hoses.so i did these at the same time.new gates,upper and lower.
^ that's what i thought to myself when i saw the steam coming from under the hood.uh oh.i didn't get my hoses replaced in time.......then i popped the hood.......wrong.just good old China/Mexican junk failing.
you know ya pay a bit more and buy motorcraft thinking you'll get something different but.....ah well./rant.that's how it goes sometimes.

Back in the day (geez listen to me..) I took off a day and went over to Mel's and assisted with the pump change on another member's truck - Charlie I think his name was. He has a motorcraft and a AZ pump side by side and for the $5 difference the motorcraft was hands down better build quality. Of course that had to have been pre 2007 (cuz I know what company I played hookie from)

stealth13777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most frustrating thing I've come across, working on a variety of vehicles, is being unable to get a High Quality part. It's a shame when, even when the $$$ doesn't matter, all you can get is cheap 20k crap (if it lasts that long). That said, I like watching your trucks still work hard, so I hope your new pump lasts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 87 F250 extended cab has been torn apart since January of this year and I finally got the old Huntin Truck ready for paint. Some of the things I've done since January: Removed engine, transmission, bed, front clip, both fuel tanks, interior (including the dash and hvac system), all wiring, both axles, both sets of leaf springs, & rear spring hangers. Cleaned the frame and painted with POR15. New rear spring hangers, new leaf springs front and rear, all new monroe shocks, solid F350 front axle swap with 2.7" leveling kit, had the ZF-5spd rebuilt (ouch$), replaced steel fuel tanks with plastic, 4-core champion radiator, changed interior color from red to grey with new carpet and headliner & 2005 front bucket seats rear seat from a 95, did the side window swap to eliminate the vertical divider, replaced 87 doors with rust free 95 doors and interior panels, replaced rusted bed with a completely spotless southern bed, Lund visor, bushwacker flares, new headlights, new grille, bedrug bedliner, extang tonneau cover, FORD alum rear dif cover, BFG 35" tires. whew! I think that's it...... They tell me the paint will be finished in two weeks or less, which is just in time for "the most wonderful time of the year", HUNTING SEASON!