So what did you do with your truck today?

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Yesterday I loaded my box trailer up with some tools and materials to go finish wiring up a wood boiler for a friend of mine, I got to his house at about one o clock in the afternoon and dug into the work. As the afternoon progressed we got our first snow fall of the year thanks to a northeaster right after the mess that Sandy left. Well, by the time I finished at 11pm it had turned into a few inches of slushy mess. As the truck warmed up I locked the hubs for some added insurance and good thing I did. The roads were pretty bad and trees that still had leaves were heavily laden with heavy, wet snow, were bent over into the roads as I traveled down them. With trailer in tow, I passed patrol cars attending to vehicles that ran off the road, watched trees brushing up against high voltage power lines and cause little fire balls 30 some feet above me, stopped at the local convience store, Wawa, at 11:30 at night for some much needed dinner.:eek:

Having 4wd when needed and a heavy truck, the rather new Cooper Discoverer AT3's handled the snow with confidence. Roads were shut down once again due to downed power lines, It took me about an hour an a half to eat my dinner then proceed home. It wasn't too bad a ride considering, everything went without incident in rather harsh conditions for early November in South Jersey. As I got home around 1:30 in the morning, I was very happy with the truck and its towing abilities in what Mother Nature dished out to me:angel::sly

Attachments

• 1st snow 2012-13.jpg
    1st snow 2012-13.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 154

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Wow.. That was a long day for helpping out another. Glad you got home safely too. Out here on the west coast when it first rains all those drivers here from other countries cause most of the wrecks but... That helps the tow companys economy too. I call it a loose win condition... Crappy drivers loose but the tow industry wins...:sly

89greendiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bought 30 gallons of diesel, but not before a dude in an unnamed diesel sedan cut in front of me. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and assumed he didn't see my RCLB green truck behind a CCLB PSD with a big ass trailer although he drove right past me. He really thought he was next so i just let him go.

The best part was i pulled up to the only pump and he was making some very animated gestures so i pulled along side him (you know, like police do when they are chatting in the median or parking lot) and this is how it goes

Guy: You gonna use the diesel pump?
Me: Yeah (keep in mind that i am idling at the moment......and he just cost me $2.25 pulling forward and talking to him)
Guy: Yeah, me too. I'll just be a minute. I'll be quick.

So one of a few things has happened:
1. He's a jerk and purposely cut in front of me because he thought i was gonna take too long
2. He thinks that he is actually next even though he drove right past me.
3. He thinks i was cutting in front of him and he was very politely verbalizing that.
4. He thought i was passing through and going to park

I think it was a combination of 2 and 3....like i said, benefit of the doubt. I may do this too often actually.

Funny stuff, he had to raise his voice so i could hear him over the clackity-clack.....but he still asked if i was going to the diesel pump! Hilarious......

i just backed up and let him pump. I wonder if he knew i had a diesel. He probably thought it was too loud to be a diesel cuz his is so quiet.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
89greendiesel.....you are so much more um...polite than I....My guess is I'd a made it significantly difficult for him to extricate his vehicle from that location for shitz n gigglz as I walked away to service station crapper for a giant dump...shall we say...15 minutes worth...

Or suggested in a way he look forward to the trip to get out of the way and perhaps have some common decency to not put forward his little thingamabob of a car in front of those in line for fuel already!....

Just saying...yer nicer that I would ever have been ....

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 32ft office trailer is still hooked up to my 2wd CC with not so good tires. Thanks to all the snow, it's now stuck :( Going to use the Cent to pull both hheehee

Iowa 73

FNM
Reaction score
Loaded my '92 up with logs for the log-splitter: definitely heavy...
Getting ready to do GPs and return lines on the '89 250: may start driving it to work to cut down on the miles I'm putting on the Dodge.

You must be registered for see images attach

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Put the girlfriend in the right seat and drove into Atlantic City fir dinner and to see Carrie Underwood at the Boardwalk Hall. Awesome concert, Carrie gave all the profits back to help people with Hurricane Sandy relief. What a class act that girl is.;Sweet I make one of the larger parking garages, Caesars, with an inch to spare. The garage is listed at 7' and I'm 6' 11" to my headache rack.:eek:

tuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped old white off at garage to get her timed. Happened to stop their to talk to mechanic about the kids Jeep that happened to die in front of their shop. These guys use to work on our towns school buses so I asked if he still had a timing light for the IDI's and he does. Said he almost trashed it because he can't get any different probes for other vehicles? Told him I'd be happy to take it off his hands. Anyway going on vacation for a week so I dropped it off and told him to have at it. When I get back I'll try to persuade him to part with that old obsolete light :sly

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
i spent the day **** some much needed work on the truck.

repacked the front wheel bearings...
new rotors
new pads
new brake hoses
one new brake line in the front

new power steering pump cause the old one died...

and with that

hydroboost conversion!!

i had pulled the whole assembly with pump...hoses...etc from a brick nose F-superduty... well my truck is an 87 so it was 100% bolt in.

the pedal feel will need getting used to as its a lot stiffer then it was but now it will lock up all 6 with no issues!

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
i spent the day **** some much needed work on the truck.

repacked the front wheel bearings...
new rotors
new pads
new brake hoses
one new brake line in the front

new power steering pump cause the old one died...

and with that

hydroboost conversion!!

i had pulled the whole assembly with pump...hoses...etc from a brick nose F-superduty... well my truck is an 87 so it was 100% bolt in.

the pedal feel will need getting used to as its a lot stiffer then it was but now it will lock up all 6 with no issues!

Is she on the road yet, Jason?

Yesterday I loaded up the box trailer with tables, chairs and stuff to help out with my girlfriend and Conner's fundraiser. We had a softball tournament, what a good time, I elaborated on it in the lounge. At the end of the tournament, I had to back up the truck and trailer about 300 feet and make a left turn, in reverse as well. Nothing like over a hundred people pausing to see how you are at backing up a trailer, haha. I think I did a better job at backing the trailer up than playing softball.

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Threw together some sideboards and I hauled another small load of wet pecan. Glad I'm done with that. Now all I have to do is
Split it by hand enough to get it on the splitter
Split it
Stack it to dry
Load it back into the truck and move it to where the dry wood goes.
Unload it
Stack it
Burn it
Bought wood sure is looking cheap at this point.

I had to put the big pieces on the bottom as there was no way I was going to be able to do anything more than lift them to the tailgate. I don't like drop in bed liners but appreciated being able to slide the wood around on this one. Neighbor stopped while I was unloading to help me and asked, "Who helped you put these in the truck."

Attachments

• pecan.jpg
    pecan.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
Is she on the road yet, Jason?

Yesterday I loaded up the box trailer with tables, chairs and stuff to help out with my girlfriend and Conner's fundraiser. We had a softball tournament, what a good time, I elaborated on it in the lounge. At the end of the tournament, I had to back up the truck and trailer about 300 feet and make a left turn, in reverse as well. Nothing like over a hundred people pausing to see how you are at backing up a trailer, haha. I think I did a better job at backing the trailer up than playing softball.

oh yea...much better then the orange and black truck

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
I finally repaired my fuel lines, installed the front tank, filled both tanks up and went for a drive. Hopefully, I am now ready for winter.

John

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove down to Princeton then to tulameen to take 4 rollers for my friend and picked up a Unit bearing hub at parts store for him as his work van was *****...deliverd that. Stopped and visited a couple friends then stopped and visited another couple...he gave me two KC Daylighter lights....then came home...was good day..Oh and the road to Tulameen was covered in snow...and slick..that HUGE ass block of concrete makes a big difference for traction I tell ya.

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This...

.. and this..

Saw two broken jeeps during this last camping trip. Once was being pulled out of the bush by a tow truck, the other was waiting for a buddy with a trailer. Also drove past a parade of pavement princesses on the way up the road to get the wood. They were all parked on the side of the road right where the pavement ends.

It was a good truck weekend!