So what did you do with your truck today?

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well this is this week for me since i just saw this. i ordered new beltline weatherstrip, headlight relay kit, spare tire mount, and cab lights. also ordered the threshold plates form lmc truck but they do not fit worth crap so im going to return them. but ive mounted the headlight relay kit and wow is that nice, much brighter lights. then the beltline went in well but now i need to take door panels off because i mounted it so the windows barely move.

89greendiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
replaced the glowplugs and glow plug harness with Beru zd9 and navistar #1807648c94. It was about $150 in parts all together. Didn't get the whole thing working, ran out of daylight. Need a new glow plug comtroller and to pull the extra wires out of the separate looms to clean it up.

there were eight Champion plugs in there and all of the bullet connectors were corroded, i think i found three broken off.

None of the glowplugs had swelled thankfully, but the system hasn't been hooked up for a while. it may have never been hooked up, who knows. :rolleyes::dunno

Wicked97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last week engine swap and turbo install.

Today bypassing gallon of oil every 100 miles sucking cdr and falling off the front bumper and skinning the **** out of my shins

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last week engine swap and turbo install.

Today bypassing gallon of oil every 100 miles sucking cdr and falling off the front bumper and skinning the **** out of my shins
OUCH!

sounds ******.....

GOT WOOD....for new deck...also working on Serp brackets n such to get 3G alt in...ugh...does it ever fricken end????

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Al... It really never ends. At least thats my feelings about all the nice upgrades we can do. I think my 99 to 03 fuel filter modification will be something others will want to do. I know it will be a much simpler way to change out a fuel filter. Just open the cover. Pull out the filter. Install the new filter and close the cover. It will bleed the air automatically just like the oem filter does. The best idea it the filters can be bought for $8.50 each on ebay. Now compare that to the 7.3 idi filters with the top and bottom covers. My last one from Nappa was $40.00 marked down from $78.00.... Ouch, that hurts plenty otto....:eek::rotflmao

smokinpipes

Navistar Nut
Reaction score
Found my drivers side rear brakes were making some off clunking noises upon direction change.
Dug a little bit and found a non-releasing e-brake cable. Pushed it back in to release it, and now my brake peddle feel quite spongy. Looks like I will be taking my rear brakes apart and see what the damage is.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love this thread lol. Well I finally put my rig to work this weekend and towed my neighbors 20ft car trailor with about 50 bales of hay on it (approximately 6,000 lbs of load). I'm sure that doesn't sound like much to most on this website but I was pleased with how my truck towed it. Rode like a Cadillac too!

smokinpipes

Navistar Nut
Reaction score
Love this thread lol. Well I finally put my rig to work this weekend and towed my neighbors 20ft car trailor with about 50 bales of hay on it (approximately 6,000 lbs of load). I'm sure that doesn't sound like much to most on this website but I was pleased with how my truck towed it. Rode like a Cadillac too!

Lol.. Did that the past two weekends.. but I was using a larger goose neck trailer, and hauling 10 ~600# round bales.
Isn't nice to just get the ol' girls out, and let them do what they do best?

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah unfortunately I mainly use my truck to commute so it doesn't see a whole hell of alot of towing but I would much rather drive my rig than a plug in prius lol. It seemed to tow the load just fine and had good pull on flat land. Now Going up hwy 88 or 50 here in Cali......not sure how it would do up those steep grades but may need to tow my ski boat up to Lake Tahoe to see how it really does one of these days.

89greendiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found my drivers side rear brakes were making some off clunking noises upon direction change.
Dug a little bit and found a non-releasing e-brake cable. Pushed it back in to release it, and now my brake peddle feel quite spongy. Looks like I will be taking my rear brakes apart and see what the damage is.

yeah, i gotta replace my parking brake cable too. Bought a glowplug controller and relay assembly. It was only 60 bucks at AAP

89greendiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score

lol, i also enjoy how the truck rides with about 1k in the bed. it is so much nicer.

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
Took the bed off over the weekend and somehow my rear tank started leaking, cut the bolts off Saturday came home Sunday to finsh taking the bed off and was greated by a puddle of diesel under the truck... (appears to be from front side of tank on right half)

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Went to Home Depot tonight and put 12 sheets of gypsum board and a bundle of insulation in the truck. I don't think the truck saw this as doing something significant.:rolleyes:LOL

blackbear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
paint and assemble (trying to attach photo?)
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach