So what did you do with your truck today?

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This old girl thinks money grows on trees, she is braking things faster than I intend to fix. Found what I got the first fan off, its from a early 90s taurus sho.

You must be registered for see images attach

I about matched them but missed a spot rushing to get it done, so is going to like this for now.

I also got a pig tail for the fan, so less sketchy now. So still have one fan but a little closer to another, might find a cheap motor in the yard.

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This old girl thinks money grows on trees, she is braking things faster than I intend to fix. Found what I got the first fan off, its from a early 90s taurus sho

Now look here girl I have a pesent for you, please be nice to me. I found you some brick captains chairs, not the best condition but should do.

:backoff

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
Drove my 88 F250 diesel so I could pick up my rebuilt 4r75w to fix my 07 F150 daily driver. (Keep my 88' for mainly towing or large loads.) Spent 60 minutes talking trucks, trannies, and diesel engines with the shop owner after he saw the F250. Claimed he is a Chevy truck guy. However he has a VW Passat as a daily driver, and has a 2006 dodge F250 diesel as his tow rig, and not sure what he does with his Silverado. Not sure he qualifies as a true Chevy guy, give me your thoughts? Admitted if his customers don't want to fix and they want to sell cheap, he is apt to buy, fix, and use.

One last comment as a FYI, claimed on his Passat 5 cyl there is an issue with turning the engine backwards (Tranny was out.), the timing chain can skip teeth and it is a interference engine. (VW used to use timing belts, but perhaps they went to chains. So he fixed the tranny and damaged his engine, started and bent the valves. Not sure if that is due to chain stretch, tensioner (tensions one way or only with engine oil pressure.), or just worn chain teeth. He said it has been a reported problem, maybe you can share with your VW buddies who do their own work and save them a bundle.

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do certain songs sound better in your old truck? Anything pre 2000 sounds great in mine. LOL

Well this is good instructions for my radio

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

So with that out of the way, you may chose any album out of this list. This album will play to the end, no if and's or but's. You may file a request to get one added, time frame is unkown. Sorry for the driving play list being mostly dark country / metal, outlaw country will be for other areas mostly since would have to be mixed mostly. Auto sart is thinking of going to Brothers of the 4×4 next.

:rock:

Code:
Clutch - The elephant rider / Annihilator - Carnival diablos / Warrior - Fighting for the earth / Fight - War of words / Judas priest - painkiller / Megadeth - Countdown to extinction / Slayer - Seasons in the abyss / Metalica - Ride the lightning / Iron Maiden - Somewhere in time / Sleep - Dopesmoker / Tool - 10,000 days / Acid bath - Paegan terrorism tactics / Mushroomhead - M3 / Pantera - Cowboys from hell / Static X - Wisconsin death trip / Grip Inc - Nemesis / Electric wizard - Come my fanatics / Metal church - The dark / Corrosion of conformity - Deliverance / Joe satriani - Surfing with the alians / Iced earth - Iced earth / Avenged sevenfold - Hail to the king / Black sabbath - Paranoid / Overkill - The killing kind / Annihilator - King of the hill / Arcade messiah - Arcade messiah / Black label society - 1919 / Clutch - Clutch / Coal chamber - Coal chamber / Control denied - The fragile art of existence / Corrosion of conformity - America's volume dealer / Demons and wizards - III / Electric wizard - Electric wizard / Godsmack - Godsmack / Godsmack - Awake / Grip Inc. - Incorporated / Iron maiden - Different worlds / Korn -Korn / Megadeth - The system has failed /  Metallica - ...And justice for all / Mushroomhead - XIII / Overkill - Nercroshine / Ugly kid joe - Uglier than they used ta be / Pantera - vulgar display of power / Sacred ***** - The american way / Savatage - Devastation / Slayer - South of heaven / Tool - Ænima / W.A.S.P - The headless Children / Hank III - Brothers of the 4×4

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Do certain songs sound better in your old truck? Anything pre 2000 sounds great in mine. LOL
It kind of depends for me. If I'm on a long trip, I'll usually listen to whatever's on the radio. I'm much more apt to listen to my personal collection if I'm just going 30 miles or less. Maybe it's strange, but on a long trip, I usually just consider the radio to be background noise to distract me from the road. My personal collection usually does sound better in my truck and it's almost entirely pre 2000. Heck, some of it's even pre me!

ComatoseLlama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost got it back together. The engine is all done except the return line that goes down the trans, fan bolts and fluids. Got caught up with the core support bolts since I snapped the nuts off when I was taking the core out, and now I can't re use the threaded washer. Hopefully I'll have it driving around by the beginning of march.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
It wasn't much at this point,but after I saw Wes's FB post last night that his prices are going to have to go up, I ordered his manual glow plug conversion kit for the Ex Wife.