So what did you do with your truck today?

Chief

Reaction score
I was finally ready to take this thing for it's first good test ride the other day after fixing or replacing everything I could find wrong with it over the past month. Hopped in and the clutch went to the floor with a nice puddle of brake fluid under the blown out slave cylinder:mad: I replaced it with one of those pre-bled master/slave combos cause I'm sure the master would have been next if I didn't do it too. Much easier than trying to bleed it, too. Crossing my fingers I actually get to drive it a bit before I find something else to fix :bail

You must be registered for see images attach

Damn the luck! Always seems things fail at the same time. Better to fix it now I suppose.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I replaced it with one of those pre-bled master/slave combos cause I'm sure the master would have been next if I didn't do it too. Much easier than trying to bleed it, too.
You're probably right on the master. After bleeding a few out in the past, I'll definitely spend the extra money and go with the pre bled combo like you did.

Jake60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn the luck! Always seems things fail at the same time. Better to fix it now I suppose.
You're probably right on the master. After bleeding a few out in the past, I'll definitely spend the extra money and go with the pre bled combo like you did.

That's what I figured, may as well get it over with now. I'm replacing anything even remotely questionable before I really start using it cause at that point I just want to drive a bit. I spent a week this fall fighting a brake bleed with ABS on the wifie's ***** S10, don't want any parts of bleeding anything at this point. :backoff

Anyway, here it is, finally ready for a test run....
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I didn't do anything real unusual. I just drove the 15 miles to my garage. I did drive slowly because of the fog with a visibility of maybe 1/4 mile.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the ice knocked out the power and apparently all my flashlights are dead so I fired it up to head into town. Other than the clack of a cylinder too cold to fire you wouldn't be able to tell it was cold out the way it started. It's not terrible, right around 30 but no complaints from the truck! That's good news since it's been sitting for 3 days.

94bluebeast

Reaction score
That's what I figured, may as well get it over with now. I'm replacing anything even remotely questionable before I really start using it cause at that point I just want to drive a bit. I spent a week this fall fighting a brake bleed with ABS on the wifie's ***** S10, don't want any parts of bleeding anything at this point. :backoff

Anyway, here it is, finally ready for a test run....
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Nice truck, love the color, same as mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the ice knocked out the power and apparently all my flashlights are dead so I fired it up to head into town. Other than the clack of a cylinder too cold to fire you wouldn't be able to tell it was cold out the way it started. It's not terrible, right around 30 but no complaints from the truck! That's good news since it's been sitting for 3 days.

That's not too bad! Considering that Diego was a Florida boy for most all his life ;Really

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Not "with" the truck but I did get some items "for" the truck in today. I picked up some new reading material. I also bought some new fender emblems since I do have a 7.3 in my 1985. That's half of my feline inspection team coming to do his job on the 6.9 book. The picture of the engine on the cover is kid of strange. It's an International application because of the air cleaner, exhaust manifold, front motor mount, and the power steering pump that appears to be sitting higher than it does in a pick up. The funny part is the oil pan. It appears to be a rear sump pan, but Internationals used a front sump pan. The shape of the pan is like nothing that I've ever seen before. Important details? Not really, it's just a picture. Just worth mentioning IMHO.

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have that IDIT manual, lots of good information in it. Anyone that owns and works on his own 7.3 non or turbo needs one.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I have that IDIT manual, lots of good information in it. Anyone that owns and works on his own 7.3 non or turbo needs one.
I agree. What little skimming I did through it was good reading. The 7.3 manual seems to be about the engine and the truck. The 6.9 manual is for overhauling the engine. It's for both Ford and Internationals. There's pictures and descriptions for both.

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. What little skimming I did through it was good reading. The 7.3 manual seems to be about the engine and the truck. The 6.9 manual is for overhauling the engine. It's for both Ford and Internationals. There's pictures and descriptions for both.
The 7.3 one has a lot in it, everything on rebuilding the engine, trouble shouting , wiring for engine , fuel system. a very good manual IMO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight