So what did you do with your truck today?

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Started the ole iron up moved it around the yard only for the water in fuel light to pop on brand-new filter, so I have the psd style drained everything that looked to me like water smelled like rotten eggs has some small black, rubber init can only assume shower head never experienced the 1/4 shut off has been down to white line before the red line. Picture below one thing that did happen both my batteries seem super low will not turn truck over they are 3 months old temps been in the teens at night and mid 50's day time, starter/gp's are good.

You must be registered for see images attach

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Posted it on FB marketplace to test the waters. Guy and his son looked at it test drove and fell in love with it. Gave him the title and he gave me the money.
As he is getting ready to leave, he turned the heater on and it instantly filled the cab with smoke.
Longstory short I went back into the house and got his money and gave it back to him, apologized and told him I'd try to find out what the problem is and holler at him.
Well, turns out the @#$%& fuel heater sprung a leak in the middle of the test drive and soaked the exhaust manifold with diesel.

Don't know if I should feel bummed or thankful the truck didn't burn to the ground lol he wont return my phone calls and I decided to keep the old girl.
If that’s not a sign you need to keep it I don’t know what is!!

Jake60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced window regulator, main window, vent window assembly and weatherseals. Took a while to grind the rivets off the regulator, but went smoother than I thought it would.
Also got seat covers for my formerly lumpy captains chair, don't look too shabby until I add upholstery to my skill set.

Now just gotta try to de-mangle the hack job a previous owner did on the speaker holes on the door panel... :backoff

Jake60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't know what possesses ppl to do stuff like this, I mean WHY??? Anyway, I un-mangled it a little, not gonna call it "repaired" but at least the door panel fits back on.

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I swapped a used set of tires onto Diego that should fair a bit better in the snow than the highway tires that were on it. They were good tires, but not very good on the slick stuff.

In doing so I noticed that one of the calipers has been dragging, apparently for a while as the rotor is quite chewed up, as in needs replacing and turning wouldn't be possible. Can't fix it right now but it'll have to be soon.

I got the owner's manual and maintenance logs in the mail today. Apparently this wiper motor was replaced in 2014. Doesn't look like it! It is tagged reman so maybe it was.

Odd that it doesn't park correctly. On intermittent the wiper goes almost all the way down and stops. Then next cycle it will park, then repeat the process... Except for the occasion when it actually works right. Pretty annoying though!

Glad it's not anoying me any more :p

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I honestly don't know what possesses ppl to do stuff like this, I mean WHY???
When I was young, I installed a pair of 6x9s in the doors of some vehicle that I had (can't remember what it was or even if it was a car or a truck). That was all that I had at the time and of course no money. I did not do that. In fact, all I did was to drill new holes for the speaker mounting screws. Then I mounted them on the INSIDE of the door. I think it was in a car because the windows wouldn't roll down all the way. I think they stuck up about an inch so I was good with that. I still didn't hack up the door. That is stupid!

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll do a breakdown on how things went and post some videos in the shop truck thread where it’s more relevant, just haven’t had time. Busy time of year for sales with the holidays and Black Friday coming up and the three more project trucks I’m starting this month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online