So what did you do with your truck today?

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Started mine up Friday for the first time since last fall. Seems the fuel lines drained back into the tanks (tanks were each below 1/4) so I had to crank it some to get it to fire. Once it lit, no problems since. I changed the oil and washed and waxed it. Drove to Bass Pro with my daughter this morning to oogle boats I can't afford and buy some ammo...

Last edited:

JLtoolman

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
E4OD failure

Towed it 1/4-1/2 mile to the transmission shop. The E4OD puked all it's oil out the bell housing drain tube. Luckily, it blew where it did, because I had left work 37 miles away. Torque converter or front seal? I only have 2200 miles on this high dollar transmission and torque converter.:dunno

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took both, non-working window motors out.

Did autopsies.

Cut what was left of the brushes out of the worst of the two.

Filed the brushes flat, in the best of the two.

Put the best of the two back together with the brushes from the worst, following what was left of the brushes in the best, in the brush holders.

Ended up with one working window.

Jarkill

Reaction score
Front leaf springs, shocks, injector O-rings and return lines. Just finished installing a new radiator, still trying to bleed the air out but had to go back to work. Not bad for a two day project

tmills213

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled the donor truck for my old 64 to the scrapper. This thing was heavier than I anticipated. But the IDI pulled her well. Slow but steady. 10 years older and it outlived its counterpart. ~insert cheesy ford vs chevy comment here~ :)

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a little work on the old huntin truck over the weekend. Replaced the thermostat and while it was apart I had all of the parts powder coated. Also, finally installed the Ford aluminum diff cover.

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Cool. I'm considering a better diff cover than the factory stamped. The finned Ford cover might be the hot ticket for far cheaper than Mag-Hytek.

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Just abotu wrapped up the ZF5. Rebuild kit only came with two of the 10mm core plugs for the shift detent spring/ball assemblies. Ran around town trying to find another but nobody has them or can get them, or is too lazy to try and look anything up. Ordered off ebay but from UK so could be a while but still gotta decide on turbo for when I swap it in.

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
After a couple weeks taking care of more pressing issues it feels good to have a little time to plug along with this stuff. Gauges and bracketry sorted out. Not sure what goes in the third hole. Suggestions?

My grafting work looks like crap, I'm hoping not as noticeable in the truck. Maybe some texture would hide it better. Sounds tedious.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Stick it in for no reason :dunno

You walked into that one :rotflmao Voltmeter maybe? Something you would have much of a need to check up on very often.

Making progress here too.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Orderd a moose juinor the other day and did oil cooler gaskets on the powerstroke and am Workin on gettin the stuff I need for the Dana 60 swap

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk