So what did you do with your truck today?

Runningaford

Reaction score
Okay, Got the pedal assembly out, it was a lot more simple than I'd envisioned, and it was definitely easier with the steering column out. The cross shaft pin had eaten a good 1/2" up into the supporting metal; so out came the welder, and I built that area back up, then ground it to about the original round with a key way for the new bushing. Everything went back together very tight..... I don't really like the lack of bearing surface for the bushing, but the factory stuff wasn't any thicker than what I did.:rolleyes:

Got it installed, and the steering column back in; can't wait to drive it..... once I get the rest of the truck back togetherLOL

sgallaty

Engineer
Reaction score
Craftsman compressor rebuild kit showed up today.

Rebuilt the 33-gal oilless compressor - it fills to 120psi in about 6 minutes now.

Immediately after that rebuild, the regulator gave out.

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Not really sure what I'm doing. This could turn out pretty cool or just be a messy abortion. Measure twice cut once... Might sit and ponder this for a bit.

You must be registered for see images attach

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Not really sure what I'm doing. This could turn out pretty cool or just be a messy abortion. Measure twice cut once... Might sit and ponder this for a bit.

Hey that looks familiar :D
I've got another one if this one doesn't survive the testing stage. ;Sweet

Morgonzo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
took the truck up to Blue Ridge to visit the wife's family cabin. First time i've been able to take it up there since we bought it. Never realized how narrow those gravel roads are, but I was never in something 22' long before eitherLOL Truck ran great, got a couple of thumbs up as we rolled through the mountains though, I have a leaker at #6 and 7 injectors (o-rings..) I'll have to get to those before we drive her down to NOLA for Easter. Saw this right in downtown BR, F-Super-Duty cab/chassis with a big ol' propane tank stuck on it....I was trying to see where he had the lines going without calling too much attention to myself. I got another pic but the wife's "dumb" phone is not co-operating. and sorry for another sideways pic from me...i swear i try to get this right...

Morgonzo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've gotta thank the wifey for making sense of the pic for me...

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 137

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Still don't really know what I'm doing. Rough trimmed to fit pillar, one side cut and temporarily attached. Trying to figure out how to make it just the right length and angle. I think my hokey plan will work. Getting tired, probably make the cut tomorrow, temporarily attach lower, test fit, then glass the backside. Tempted to pick up a plastic "welder" at harbor freight and try that, but not sure how it would work with what is likely two different types of plastic.

Also not sure what to put in the third hole. I have a combo boost+pyro and oil pressure+coolant temp. Voltage, vacuum are my other gauges or could add anything else.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
There was a thread somewhere on repairing dash panels.
It was some type of stuff made for repairing pools.
But you could shape it however.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know this is silly compared to some of these posts, but I got my crew cab out and ready to do the front end! Steering box and tie rods and balls are all here! Just waiting on my dad to swing by to help take off the camper. After my near death experience trying to get to the NH rally I need to make sure my ducks are all in a row!!!

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry you weren't able make it to the NH rally, we had lots of fun. what was the problem with your truck?

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Just wingin' it. Wait on glass to dry then figure out what I'm gonna do to blend the front. Bondo would be easy but maybe too prone to crack since it'll have to go on thick at the bottom. Anyone know what that pool patch stuff is? Other ideas?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's pretty neat stuff. Probably a urethane resin and hardener.

Runningaford

Reaction score
Perhaps the bondo with fiber reinforcement? I used that stuff on some stuff I should've fixed better, but it's lasted, and lasted without issue, and in the elements. I put it on, then filled in any irregularities with the regular bondo.

Morgonzo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
today I got a topper for the truck for FREE of off CL.;Sweet Dude just needed to get rid of it I guess. I had to drive to the south side of ATL and back, used a 1/4 of a tank. filled up at the racetrack near my house, 38 bucks to top off both tanks. I never liked having a white truck but I guess it makes it a lot easier to get a matching topper.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online