So What Did You Do With Your PSD Today?

Giddy-Up

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, built about a dozen or so at my last job so I'm practiced. Going to use the pickup and sending unit out of a bronco, that way the gauge still reads correct.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Awesome.
I wasn't questioning your ability. Lol
Many people do it.
Probably the route I'll have to go, since mine is a chassis cab. The other big tanks won't fit.
I'm thinking of going with a sump setup though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Giddy-Up

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A sump would be easier, but to me it seems like it would draw more debris into the lines. Especially on a fabricated tank since there's sure to be some crap in it as the mill scale flakes. But I'm paranoid about stuff like that. :dunno

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
For sure, but thats why I have a better filter setup. Lol

Well replaced my hpop. Still cranking to get the air out. Hopefully I can get it started in the morning without too much more cranking.
I'm parked right at the garage, the car is in the garage, and I have a UA in the morning. Lol

Last edited:

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Gonna have to do the unthinkable and get some starter fluid.
I feel like I've cranked it enough to get the air out and start. Most say 30 seconds to a minute of cranking. I've gone way past that. Cranked it awhile last night, Got a shower, cracked some more. Cranked some more this morning before I left. Cranked more when I got home.

Hopefully my ipr didn't **** the bed. Lol

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Well turns out I didn't have the hpop gear seated on the shaft.
I did go ahead and replace the ipr though.
Sounds like my turbo is spooling harder. Lol
The old hpop rad a reman sticker on it. While it didn't have starting issues, I'm sure it was weak.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Fixed the pesky coolant leak with a new T444E water pump. This was a good time to pull the radiator and clean the many years of debris from the core.
To finish the project a new CAC cooler, CAC boots, and some paint on those ugly tubes.:D

Giddy-Up

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did some little stuff. Made a new handle for for the gooseneck, got the metal for my tank, started butchering the donor tank. The sending unit mount is going to be easier to transfer than I thought. I also figured out why these tanks are such a pain in the a$$ to fill. Never knew the fill tube extended so far into the tank, it's about an inch or so below the top with with just a 1/4" breather hole at the top.

You must be registered for see images attach

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
prepped Barney the clubwagon for a 7 hour run through the greater Toronto area. topped up levels and greased it up, replaced a worn out R front tire with a nice spare. then proceeded to spend 9 hours doing 7 hours of driving. but fit a load of basically new take off 1991 ranger body panels into the back and hauled them home.
Jeez I hate the big town. but love my old powerstroke at 505,000km:D 550km to a 1/2 tank highway ;Sweet even with traffic!

Giddy-Up

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Managed to make a little progress on my tank, after finishing a side project for a friend.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I stripped mine like a high priced ****** on dollar days!

Giddy-Up

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the majority of my fuel tank welded up, still have to make the mounts and pressure test it. Overall it came out pretty good, some of the welds aren't the best looking but I was more focused on sealing than looks.

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
Rusty the Red

Calculated the fuel mileage on Rusty the Red. (1st truck in sig.) The last 3 tank average was 6.91 km/litre or 14.5 litres/100 km or 19 m/imp gal. or 16 m/US gal. Pick your favourite unit of measure.

Not bad for a big old 4x4. I like the fact that it has long legs (3.55 gears). It motors down the highway doing 110 km/h at about 2000 rpm.
It's pretty much stock except for the 203 degree thermostat and the 4R100 transmission. Oh, I took off the radiator fan and shroud too.

I love this truck. People must wonder what I'm on when they see my driving down the road with a big goofy grin on my face. LOL

Attachments

• IMG_4309.jpg
    IMG_4309.jpg
    332.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
Ya, it's got a Hemi.

Went to Duchess Alberta to pick up a 5.7 Hemi engine for my little brother. I put 23 litres of WMO into the front tank which showed as a little over half full. Also put in a couple of litres of biodiesel. That brought it up to just over full.

The truck seemed to like it. I was getting 100 kilometres per 1/4 tank. There and back was about 400 Km (about 4 hrs driving).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online