So What Did You Do With Your PSD Today?

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
overheated it? climbing out of the valley at Creemore ON. trailer on the back with a ranger supercab on it. guage started climbing and fan was not cutting it so I turned the front heater on> levelled off a bit but almost in the red, started to climb again so rear heater went on and it sat right at the top of the red until I got out onto the level. fan never cut in at all! I've never got it this hot before. touched the red once but that was it. sure smelled like oil but it finished the rest of the trip without issue. was still aprox 1.5 hrs from home . I think I'll switch out the fan Saturday with another used one, no cool weather in the forecast only getting hotter. 34degrees Celcius today plus humidex. I don't usually haul much in the hot weather but this wasn't a heavy load so I figured it should be fine. WRONG! :dunno

narrow winding 2 lane with no shoulder and no place to pull over and let her cool down.:mad:

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found myself a headache rack and rails with some diamond plate box liner stuff. The plan is to clean up and properly paint the rails and rack black, and clean up the plate. Eventually get a back rack built I can use to haul a boat then put a quad under the boat.

Initial pics..

You must be registered for see images attach

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
Hauling mopars around

Little brother bought a 2006 Charger with a 5.7 Hemi. He got it for a good price because it won't start. Cranks, but no start. P0340 code. Cam position sensor. The sensor was replaced, so it's either a wiring or timing chain problem (common). Anyway, the car was in my city (Calgary) and he is 4 hours away. So I rented a trailer and hauled it out to the folks farm and hauled my 1971 Dart ******* back. It was a long hot day.

Would you believe I towed the trailer and cars without a radiator fan? cookoo The truck didn't even break a sweat! I was amazed actually.
I did bring the fan with me...just in case.

The mileage was pretty decent too. The truck used 62 litres going to the farm and 63 litres coming back going against the wind. Distance is about 365 kms.

Ok, so it wasn't today. It was last Sunday. :p

More pics of the ******* can be seen here:

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?75045-Project-delayed&p=918323#post918323

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
16.6 mpg (imperial) not bad , must be fricken cold in alberta. my van was running in the red when I was only hauling a ranger on my trailer, my fan wasn't cutting in and had to run with my heaters on!

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
It was a hot day for Alberta... 26C (78.8F)

I'm sure the 3.55 gears help the mileage. I was travelling at 105 km/h (65 mph). RPM was just under 2000, say 1950.

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL 26 is one of the cool days in this part of Ontario, last week we his a couple 32s and 31s, I was trailering on a 34 day oops.
we got up to 25 today and my daughters were wearing longpants for the Howick township 160th parade.

looked at a 95 F350 crewcab dually powerstroek 5spd today for a potential fixer upper but the guy never showed the front end damage in the pics only the wrecked dually box from beign rear ended. both front frame rails were bent in too. $3000 asking price truck is worth maybe $1000. to mangled to fix. :dunno

Giddy-Up

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got a chance to work on my airliner setup again, bag mounts are made and installed. Still need to build a trackbar for it but that'll be done at the same time as the new gooseneck hitch. Takes around 20 psi to hold ride height empty, I even took it for a quick drive and I'd say it's better than the new superduty's.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Looked at it sitting in front of the house. Lol
Ordered a hpop Friday. This one keeps leaking from different places. Instead of resealing every orifice, I'll just replace it with a better one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Giddy-Up

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couple more pics showing it's stance and the bumper I built.

Last edited:

Giddy-Up

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A good bumper pays for it's self when you have deer running around. I smacked one today with my 460 in the background, thankfully it was young so it stayed below the bumper. The last one I hit pushed the bumper into the fender which hit the door jamming it shut.-cuss

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Not to mention the factory bumpers being so crappie. Look at it wrong and it'll bend. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7