SO ive about had it and im thinking of selling

Standstrong

Frankentruck
Reaction score
2500, it needs exhaust and possibly some new injectors.

New - starter, alternator, 2 batteries, idler pully, front brakes complete, brake power booster, brake lines, power steering pressure line all added in the last 2 months

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its one thing after another with this truck
Think about it this way tho - the stuff you just fixed you won't have to do again in like 5-10 years.

Exhaust you can do for next to nothing, especially if you dump before the rear axle or install a turnout before the passenger-side rear wheels. Injectors are cheap too, you can get new ones for $200 for the full set.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So are you selling it or just venting about problems? I can put this post in the market place if you are selling it. ;)

Petri317

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gotta agree with M.L.S.C. With all that you've put into it, I wouldn't sell it. I know that all of my trucks have required a bunch of little stuff, and I've become pretty familiar with these trucks. Think about it this way; with all the work and parts you've put in it, soon you'll be an expert at fixing the thing!LOL But seriously, you may not be able to get the amount you want out of it in this market, and it sounds like you've already fixed some of the annoying gremlins. My 2 cents(1.5 cents in this economy!)

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Id like to sell it, I need something more dependable.

We can do one of two things here....

1). you can go post a For Sale thread down in the Marketplace. Include pictures of your truck, any recent work it may have had done that you think is worth mentioning and you might add what work it may need in the near future and also include your bottom line price.

2). I can move this thread down there so we can get the right eyes looking at this thread but you'll need to add all the sales info to this thread as well.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, last few weeks I've spent more time under my truck than in bed, and I do like to sleep :D It's the nature of an old vehicle, stuff will break and you will have to fix it. By the way newer don't necessarily mean more dependable - I've had 3-year-old cars snap all studs of a wheel, and other random stuff that makes you think ***.

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
Dude, last few weeks I've spent more time under my truck than in bed, and I do like to sleep :D It's the nature of an old vehicle, stuff will break and you will have to fix it. By the way newer don't necessarily mean more dependable - I've had 3-year-old cars snap all studs of a wheel, and other random stuff that makes you think ***.

I agree, On my Chevelle I have had the same kinda thing and Ive learned Murphy s law more then once. Ive set it on fire twice, 6 months after I put the new motor in the cam went flat, the BRAND NEW Edelbrock Intake had a whole bolt hole broke off, and the list goes on and on. And I completely agree with MLSC on this one. just cause its newer don't mean its more dependable.

But on the bright side think about it once you get her up and running again you wont have to worry bout anything cause you already fixed it :D

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
is fixing it cheaper than a truck payment? i know buying newer works for allot of people but keep it in prospective.

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
I agree with everyone here, you are just a fuel system overhaul away from a really good truck. A pump and injectors, lift pump, glowplugs and controller you're done. If the trans is fine and the rearend is good, don't give it up. Just go a little further and make her right. You've come this far, just finish her up.

Last edited:

Standstrong

Frankentruck
Reaction score
Glow plugs and controller are about 3 months old. The tranny has givin me some issues, the overdrive light still blinks on occasion and runs rough. the rearend just needs a gasket

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Staff online