snow plow cylinder question

ericwade381

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Figured I would ask here to see if someone could help. I put new angle cylinders on my plow tried to move them when I got them on the plow one was tight so I put it on the truck and the one cylinder wont angle it's really tight can't even push it back?? Any help would be great thanks!

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have the hydraulic lines screwed into the cylinders? They won't move if you do, unless there is some air in the cylinder. Then it will be "springy" with the air in it.

Also the bolts that hold the cylinder on usually have locking nuts on them, so you can leave them a little loose and the nut won't come off.

ericwade381

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great thank you I was wondering what was making the cylinder not work right it was really tight getting it to stretch to go on the plow could the inner seal still need to break that holds it tight at first?

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will the piston extend if you take one end off the plow?you may need to loosen the packing nut a little.

ericwade381

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if it is the packing nut It was really tight out of the box and did not seem to loosen like the other side