Smoke

triplethreat

AGENT ORANGE
Reaction score
As much as I like seeing the Black smoke pouring out the exhaust ;Sweet ;Sweet :peelout I have noticed that it does it a lot more now when I get on the accelorater than it used to. Is this normal or should I be worried. It only does it when I really take off it always has done it just a lot more now.

Dan

slingingsmoke

Reaction score
its good to find a hill and get on it about once a week or so. The EGR likes to get gummed up, so when you floor it and generate some boost, it tends to clean out the intercooler as well as EGR and other components and evaporate much of the oil left in the intercooler due to the CCV system.

rgdillon

Junior Newbie
Reaction score
Also you may want to check your air filter - and I notice more smoke in the winter which I guess is due to the winter fuel blend.

Ron

slingingsmoke

Reaction score
rgdillon said:
Also you may want to check your air filter

Excellent point. Depending on where you live (dusty, dirty conditions) the air filter should be changed out more frequently. I do mine ev. 20000 mi.

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im having a hard time getting smoke out of mine with a chip... Kind of odd.. I havee only added 100 hp to the rear wheels.... and with three different chips, no smoke?

I agree with the air filter, and giving it to her once and a while, but you may also want to run some additives for a while if you are not already, just to clean things up, and add some lubricosity....

ISNMU

triplethreat

AGENT ORANGE
Reaction score
I just changed the air filter but haven't run any additives yet maybe i'll do that. I do love the smoke though.

Dan