Sludge, what you doin with it?

mikepotts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was curious what everyone is doing with the sludge they remove from their WMO? i thought about just burning it off in a burn barrell...

The FNG

NOT a Powerstroke!
Reaction score
What sludge? Like sludge from the centrifuge or the stuff from a settling barrel? I don't get enough to worry about from my fuge, so I am going to assume you mean from the settling process. I believe most take it to a recycling place. My local transfer station accepts it. Burning it is probably the next best way to get rid of it, but definitely not the safest and you won't be getting any green earth awards... I would say burning it would be more justified if it were being repurposed instead of wasted (i.e.. heating a shop in a stove).

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whatever I can't put in my tank (wvo, wmo, biodiesel glycerin etc.) I mix with sawdust from woodworking and burn it in the woodstove to heat the shop.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe it goes in the center of the chocolate lava cake they sell at the high end steak houses?

Armo

Reaction score
I second the sawdust and wood stove in the shop. I even take the centrifuge sludge and burn it the same way except its scooped onto paper towels. Find any wood working shop near you they often times give away free sawdust.

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outdoor wood boiler, I just scoop in up in a rag and toss it in. Same with the old fuel filters. Excellent burning.

Josh Carmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't done anything with mine, I have one of those huge tubs that people get from walmart etc to store clothes, decorations, and random junk in. I probably have about 5 gallons of it, when I finish rebuilding the shop I will install a wood stove, and thats where it will go. I am also considering building an oil burning furnace/boiler to heat everything with. Pumping a few hundred gallons a year of oil around sure will beat cutting 6 to 10 ranks of wood a year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online