SLOOOOOOOOOOOOW 0-70= 45 sec?

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '91 F-350 crewcab/dually did 0-60 in about 10 seconds after the turbo and IP. Sold it to a fellow here and I've not seen/heard from him since. Was hoping to follow up on my old truck every now and then!!!

oregon-mike

Reaction score
Oregon Fuel Injection is about 150 miles. I will check at Autozone to see if they have "the tools" . OK don't laugh too hard...

If you do cruise down to OFI swing by and we can have a beer/coffee or 3 or 9 while you're in town. I'm good for one or two coffees, but maybe 7 or 9 on the beer side :angel:

Been meaning to get over there anyway, that'd be a good enough excuse.

You can PM me for my cell # if you're making the trip.

Mike

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ebay's probably the best place for a regular guy to find these timing tools. The luminosity stuff seems to be more common. I didn't want to spend too much, so I got an MT254 adapter which plugs into the glow plug hole and converts the lumy signal into something a normal timing light can read. I got it cheap about $25.00+shipping and it works perfect, but I still had to buy the expensive lumy probe from the same guy for about 100 bucks. That probe was never uised or very lightly used so it was a great deal...half of what snap on will sell you one for. The probe you need is the MT160, and that will work with the MT254 I mentioned, the MT480 and the newer digital MT1480 for the luminosity method. You can also get a pulse adapter from ferret and use that with a regular strobe type timing light, but it must be an adjustable timing light since our diesels don't have timing marks other than the 0 for TDC on the damper, if you use a traditional cheap timing light you'll be guessing which may not be any better than by ear depending on who's ear. Most guy's here prefer the pulse method and almost any shop which actually has tools uses the Stanadyne tach-n-time which does the pulse method. One injection shop owner said he got his for around $900. Those and the Kent-Moore's are probably the most user friendly but its a lot of money to spend on a timing machine that you will use half a dozen times or less in the next 10 years. However if I had a shop and serviced these engines, I wouldn't be without soem sort of dynamic timing machine ever.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dean, no offense but I didn't see all your video. You used the word "Dorf" which somehow made me click on an icon next to your video that took me HERE. I don't remember what happened after that. -Drool

LOL

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
i saw your vid but my monitor sucks so i couldnt see your guages but you said your speedo doesnt work anyway. from the sound of it you may have retarded timing, but i dont know how accurate the sound is on an internet video.

i have a bed load of firewood on my IDI (see sig) right now so i'll go see what she'll do 0/60. i've been waiting for some time to run the old girl anyway.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
looks like 0-70 took about 25 seconds. truck was loaded with this load of maple firerwood:

You must be registered for see images attach

here's the vid. gosh i love the sound of an IDI:D

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
my guess is you have either bad timing or a weak IP. my experience with IPs is that you dont know how bad yours is until you install a new one. then it's hard to wipe the grin off your face. a new IP timed properly wakes the IDI up for sure.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dean, no offense but I didn't see all your video. You used the word "Dorf" which somehow made me click on an icon next to your video that took me HERE. I don't remember what happened after that. -Drool

LOL
clicky warning.....that one isn't "work safe":eek:
good eye-candy though;Sweet;Sweet;Sweet;Sweet;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is if you use keep your fingers over Alt and TAB to bring up that spreadsheet to cover it quick. LOL

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wish Squireltow would tell us how HE is doing. LOL No word from him since he lost his job. :(

Reaction score
Well, I don't think I will drive the 300 miles to pay someone to time the pump until I get a new one. So, I think I will start planning on a new pump and injectors, and just go from there. I am getting a turbo, so might as well get it all done.