Single mass flywheel evaluation....

TomC

Reaction score
I wanted to put my two cents worth regarding my dual mass to single mass flywheel replacement. I put a LUK set in my '92 and was very impressed with the quality of the parts. I received prompt service from the vendor and they seemed to be helpful with pre-purchase questions. The job went fine, new bolts provided for the flywheel and clutch. In use comments... Nice light pedal pressure and good clutch action. There is more vibration felt in the cab at idle. Is this bad or will it cause problems? I hope not. My dual mass flywheel had about 9/16" of play but the main reason to change was a ground up pilot bearing and extremely heavy pedal effort. The clutch disk and pressure plate were fine after 180,000 miles! Had the cash been available, I think I would go back with the dual mass. This is probably just me being paranoid. What do you think?
TomC

Exekiel69

Reaction score
The effect of the sfw is not the same on all trucks but on mine you can feel the vibration real well, almost make me go back to dfw. I did notice is will start even faster with the new sfw.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online