Silicone as a fuel Line?

dsscrusher

Reaction score
I have a 93 F350 IDI and am looking at starting to fuel with BD. Can I use pure silicone hose for fuel lines? I can get that cheaper (free). It is thick walled suction type tubing. I am in the process of replaceing the front fuel tank and I am right there now, so now is the time to do it.

dsscrusher

Reaction score
I thank you all for your recommendations, but I know which hoses that are recomended for bio that are for sale. I want to know if I can use what I have and can get plenty of without having to go find the hoses you are talking about locally.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Silicon will not work for fuel line, here's a link to a silicon compatability chart:

http://www.safehose.com/tech_charts.html

I love to use what I can get for free, but in this case I'd get the right stuff. You'll be happy because it will hold up and your not buying a reel of it so it shouldn't put you in the poor house.

dsscrusher

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I saw on TV someone using silicone thats where I started the idea. They may have been using pure WVO, which is acceptable through silicone. Will the parker hose or goodyear one work for Bio, WVO, or diesel? Thats what I am thinking, and in that case you are right. Best to get the good stuff.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online