silicate free anti freeze

Gone Huntin'

Reaction score
I'm a tech at a Nissan dealer and I need to service the cooling system on my F250. The factory Nissan long life coolant is green coolant that is "silicate free". Will that be good for my truck with the Fleetguard dca4?

8v-of-fury

BAMF FORD
Reaction score
it couldnt hurt... lol unless these engines need "silicate" i dunno even kno wat that is..

These old engines ran for how many years before this stuff was invented??? lol

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The green stuff needs to be marked "low silicate". ELC coolants use Organic Acid technology, and should definitely be avoided. They are usually Gold, but I'm beginning to see that the colors are starting to become less reliable. I've started using the pink colored FleetCharge made by the same folks who make Peak. It is a low silicate "green" antifreeze that is not green, and is precharged with DCA-2, which uses a different technology from DCA-4, but is compatible. You need a 2 way test strip that checks nitrates instead of the 3 way strips used with DCA-4 and molybdate or whatever that stuff is.

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
I've started using the pink colored FleetCharge made by the same folks who make Peak. It is a low silicate "green" antifreeze that is not green, and is precharged with DCA-2, which uses a different technology from DCA-4, but is compatible. You need a 2 way test strip that checks nitrates instead of the 3 way strips used with DCA-4 and molybdate or whatever that stuff is.

So is the Nalco that the railroad uses in the locos DCA-2? DO the nitrates do the same as the molybdates?

Gone Huntin'

Reaction score
From the label it states: L248SP NISSAN Engine coolant for aluminum and cast iron engine parts. NONSILICATE TYPE GREEN FLUID. Contains no amines or silicates which can harm water pump seals, or borates that can causes aluminum corrosion or pitting. Ingrediants:Ethylene glycol, diethelene glycol, water, sodium benozoate.
I'm not trying to push this on anybody, I just have several gallons and was wondering if it would be good to use in my 7.3. It is compatible with regular green anti freeze.

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
The green stuff needs to be marked "low silicate". ELC coolants use Organic Acid technology, and should definitely be avoided. They are usually Gold, but I'm beginning to see that the colors are starting to become less reliable. I've started using the pink colored FleetCharge made by the same folks who make Peak. It is a low silicate "green" antifreeze that is not green, and is precharged with DCA-2, which uses a different technology from DCA-4, but is compatible. You need a 2 way test strip that checks nitrates instead of the 3 way strips used with DCA-4 and molybdate or whatever that stuff is.
Have you found any test strips that will work with the fleetcharge yet? I was looking online for the ones they recommend and the price for bottle is almost what I paid for the coolant. I dont know what Im going to do if it needs charged either as finding liquid DCA-2 has been a problem to. :dunno

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online