Shake from 70-80 mph?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I had some steer tires a while back that would set up a death wobble at just about any given speed if the road conditions would get really squirrily like where the log trucks had some nasty ruts wore in on a curve. New set of skins did the trick ;Sweet

binternational

Reaction score
the smaller bolt in your track bar will make the front end float, but u should look at ur shakel bushing where it bolts to the frame in the front end. my truck did the same thing, i changed every bushing,bearing, steering linkage etc., except for them and that was the problem the whole time

Highridge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds good. I think those are the only bushings I havent touched yet. I'll prob go ahead and order a kit.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Broken belts are not good. This one came really close to letting go at my usual cruise speed. Noticed a shake that was getting worse on the way home so I limited myself to below 60 MPH. Tire had almost 0 miles before I installed it but the age was unknown.

I'd look at that sooner than later because a high speed blow out isn't funny. Mine was on the front too.

That looks like a Firestone R4S; what brand tire is it ??

As for being on the front, a front blow-out is a lot easier to control than a rear (on a SRW truck, of course);Really

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
uniroyal if I remember right.

I guess it is a Uniroyal as I used to run that same tread myself.

The failure looked typical for a Firestone though.

Uniroyal used to be a really good tire before Michelin bought them out; I don't like them anymore. :rolleyes: