servicing front end of 4x4

mustangmatt89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so my 93 f250 regular cab long bed 7.3 with banks turbo, e40d, i have been kind of doing a driving restoration on. I started out just going to fix rust and a repaint but want to take care of some mechanical stuff at the same time. I have already replaced all the tie rods, drag link, and steering box, and the ball joints were okay so I left them alone for the time being. I replaced my rear axle seals with a ford kit that replaced the bearing and added an oil slinger in the rear and now want to move onto the front, does anyone have any exploded views of the front axle assembly? What should I replace on my front axle from wear, the truck has 260k on it and virtually nothing was done before I bought it. I beleive it is either a dana 50 or 60 front end, I was told it was a 60 but it has 50 in huge castings on the bottom of the housing?

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Okay so my 93 f250 regular cab long bed 7.3 with banks turbo, e40d, i have been kind of doing a driving restoration on. I started out just going to fix rust and a repaint but want to take care of some mechanical stuff at the same time. I have already replaced all the tie rods, drag link, and steering box, and the ball joints were okay so I left them alone for the time being. I replaced my rear axle seals with a ford kit that replaced the bearing and added an oil slinger in the rear and now want to move onto the front, does anyone have any exploded views of the front axle assembly? What should I replace on my front axle from wear, the truck has 260k on it and virtually nothing was done before I bought it. I beleive it is either a dana 50 or 60 front end, I was told it was a 60 but it has 50 in huge castings on the bottom of the housing?

Unless someone put a D60(soild front axle) in there, you have D50(TTB)

I am confused as what you want to do yo your front axle. You already replaced the tie rods,drag link,and steering box. You also said the BJs were good. The only thing left to do is the axle u-joints, axle seals and pivot bushings. But if none of those are bad, then it would be stupid to replace them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online