serpentine belt problems.

matt-jenkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up a new belt from napa, part #061110, 111 5/8" inch long. Same belt that's in the parts bin. I'm running a 3G alt and A/C and the damn thing is just to short. The old belt I pulled off was a dayco belt #5061130. Is there a way to make this 111 incher fit or does napa have the wrong number listed and should I really be after a 113 inch belt. Sorry for possible typos. I'm posting from my garage on my phone

biggin92

Yeeeee Haaawwww
Reaction score
yes it appears you removed a 113" belt so i would take the 111" belt back and get the same length you took off of there for sure.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Why are you replacing the belt.... Are the tensioner in good condition as should be the idler pulley. Look at the front of the tensioner. You will see a belt scale. Your belt will push the pointer to somewhere in this range. You will need a mirror and lite to see it easily.

Cucamongan

Huh?
Reaction score
Why are you replacing the belt.... Are the tensioner in good condition as should be the idler pulley. Look at the front of the tensioner. You will see a belt scale. Your belt will push the pointer to somewhere in this range. You will need a mirror and lite to see it easily.

Maybe the belt is worn out/chunking/cracked...

alos, got tip on the idler, didn;t know that. Is that on some gas engines as well?