Sending unit

Dski1991

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Would you recommend any store or person on the forums that would have the sending units for diesel? I've been looking everywhere and the stores have gas only.

Thank you!

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Goat

flatwoods

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Would you recommend any store or person on the forums that would have the sending units for diesel? I've been looking everywhere and the stores have gas only.

Thank you!
What is wrong with your sending unit? Mine had an issue with just the resistance and I was able to find just the gauge components for inside the tank and is working fine now. What year sending unit are you looking for?

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that one size fits all? The Ohm reading is different between 80 to 95 depending year.
Is there a way to adjust the Ohm reading?

There was a thread,(don`t remember which forum) where the guy took apart the unit where the gizmo rides up and down on. removed the rivets, opened the hole some, then moved the thing over 1/16". Screwed it back together, and now it is riding on new metal.

Goat

flatwoods

Reaction score
Is that one size fits all? The Ohm reading is different between 80 to 95 depending year.
Is there a way to adjust the Ohm reading?

There was a thread,(don`t remember which forum) where the guy took apart the unit where the gizmo rides up and down on. removed the rivets, opened the hole some, then moved the thing over 1/16". Screwed it back together, and now it is riding on new metal.

Goat
I don't know about 80-84 but this one is for 85-95 and worked great on my 93. This was just held on by plastic clips to the factory sending unit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Staff online